• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blob brush is a circle with a line through it

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My blob brush is a gray circle with a slash through it and I can't figure out why. I recently switched from Windows platform to Apple MacPro and there have been some definite but seemingly random differences in how Illustrator behaves. 

Has anyone else run across this problem?

Thanks,

Robin

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please post a screenshot ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't, see explanation below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @rkinley53,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind sharing a screen recording of the issue so we can investigate this further?

Also, try pressing the (Cmd+E for macOS) (Ctrl+E for Windows) keys and check if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry but I followed your directions on sharing a screen recording and I can't tell if I actually have a recording or what. The only thing that shows up after I've opened Quick Recording is the menu to cancel after I've recorded (I hope this makes sense, I'm TOTALLY new to Apple. I couldn't tell where to save the recording and if it's saved, where to find it after that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a screenshot but when I pressed Cmd+E the icon became an arrow and the circle/slash thing disappeared and there was just the artwork & background square.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see if you are trying to draw on a locked layer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh crap, that might be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, yes the layer was locked BUT when I unloked it I got the same thing. I'm trying to figure out how to do a screen recording. When I did a screenshot, the cursor turned into an arrow and did not show the circle/slash thing I'm trying to show!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines