• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug or Feature? Color Slider Behavior Change

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to use shades of a single color (only increasing K value for CMYK document) in my artworks. I define shades first, and then change CMY values with Color Slider, well I used to do that because I cannot anymore. In earlier versions (most probably on 26.X version) when I select same color with different K values I could change CMY values and their respective K values stayed the same. Now I use 27.4 and changing any CMY slider resets each shapes' K values to 0.

Is there any workaround to achieve same result with ease other than downgrading?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried what you are saying and the K slider doesn't move on mine, but I suspect I may have misunderstood

Imaginerie_0-1681041113471.png

Imaginerie_1-1681041132051.png

after

I only moved the C slider and none of the other moves.

On the second set, I only moved K

Same result

Imaginerie_2-1681041202838.pngImaginerie_3-1681041222658.png

What I think have changed is the tint slider that used to show when you clicked on a "show option" in the colour panel, but now shows automatically when the colour is set as a global colour

Imaginerie_4-1681041723660.png

If I am wrong, can you expand a little on how does it differ in yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you understood me wrong. I meant I could select all shapes with same CMY values with different K value and changing any of these three sliders would not change K value before.

Please see the video I attached. I was able to test colors and their shades this way easily but now it resets K value to 0 so I have to assign all these values again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never knew that this was possible, but that works in 2022 and does not in 2023.

It is a pity that I learned something new but cannot use it in the current version.

Maybe it has to do with the recent real-time update when changing the sliders.

You may want to report it here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as @Ton Frederiks ...I never knew it existed!
Pity it's not there anymore!

Sorry I couldn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was something widely used and known. I am sorry to hear that it's gone.

Thank you both @Imaginerie @Ton Frederiks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A workaround is to adjust the colours with the Edit menu > Edit Colours > Adjust Colour Balance dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not as convenient as before but that works as well. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines