Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buy older version of Adobe Illustrator

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sirs,

Do you know how I could buy an older version of Adobe Illustrator, by paying monthly?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

It depends on how old. If you get a monthly subscription, you will have access to Illustrator CS6 and forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Camelia,

May I please know which version you want to buy?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Could I purchase Illustrator 2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can find it on ebay - probably.

I doubt that anyone who still has it, will sell it, because it's kind of a collectors' item now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on how old. If you get a monthly subscription, you will have access to Illustrator CS6 and forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barbara Ash gave the correct answer, except if you are going for dubious channels. A CC subscription of Illustrator (or any other product including the all apps option) makes available all different versions of that product from CS6 up to the current version. Test versions only include the latest version.

You need, however, paying attention to your OS as your OS still needs to support that version.They are available for download and installation, but they are no more updated and maintained.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want a subscription. I want to do one project only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then get a monthly paid subscription and cancel it when you're done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Camelia,

You can buy a subscription to Illustrator here with the single app plan:

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Since you want to pay monthly, you can get either the annual plan, paid monthly, or for a little more per month, you can get a monthly plan.

The trial version is only available for the newest version.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e  wrote

Since you want to pay monthly, you can get either the annual plan, paid monthly, or for a little more per month, you can get a monthly plan.

Monthly plans and annual plans paid monthly differ in price and cancellation conditions, so be wise to know the differences when taking one or the other plan.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only need the main functionalitites of AI, so no matter how old the version is, I just need the cheapest one, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe do not sell any older version for less money. There is only the current subscription, which lets you run versions from the last 6 years or so.

Many companies and web sites offer cheap, old, copies of Adobe software. But Adobe stopped making them many years ago, and never sold them cheap. We believe most of these are fakes, often with viruses included. Be very, very careful about bargains. And don't accept any permanent license, no matter how convincing the jargon they make up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Test Screen Name said, you most likely would not be able to activate a pirated copy, so it would be money wasted. The reason most people want to run an older version is that they have an older operating system. You might want to look at other vector programs that you can buy a legitimate license for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read this thread.  Totally unfamiliar with CC.  I do not know what AI version "CS6" refers to.

I need AI for a one-time project lasting about 2 months.  My system processor was released in October 2010.  Is there any version I can use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"CS6" refers to version 6 of Adobe Creative Suite, released in 2012. That was the last edition of Adobe's Creative Suite series of products. They shifted to releasing their software via Adobe Creative Cloud in 2013, which is subscription-only. You can buy a CC subscription month to month and then cancel it. However, a vintage 2010 computer won't have the processing power needed to run the current and past releases of Adobe CC applications. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, a vintage 2010 computer won't have the processing power needed to run the current and past releases of Adobe CC applications. 

By @Bobby Henderson

An Apple machine will be locked out by OS requirements, but a Windows machine might.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 2010 Windows-based PC with a high end configuration for its time might be able to run Windows 10 Pro. But the GPU would likely miss the mark for a lot of features many of us might take for granted, such as GPU-accelerated animated zoom. I have an old 2011 Dell XPS notebook that was pretty maxed out when I ordered it. Over the years newer updates to Illustrator, Photoshop and other Adobe applications ran slower and some new features were not available for use since the GPU didn't meet performance requirements. I still have that old notebook (since it still works), but my "daily driver" now is a newer, far more powerful Alienware system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 2010 Apple computer should be able to handle CC 2017 (until last month my 2008 machine did).

I'm not quite sure about the CC app itself though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system and version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to all who have replied!

Answering questions/comments in order posted:

• I used AI version 4 or 6, I think, (from a DVD) several years ago on my system (then windows 7 & no NVIDIA card) to draw maps for a book.
  • My current system is windows 10/22H2, with AMD Phenom II X4 840T processor, and NVIDIA Geforce 210 graphics card, 6GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Jeff29964827xqvi,

Thanks for sharing the details. Adobe Illustrator is only available as a subscription product. Would you mind trying a 7-day trial of Illustrator from here (https://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/free-trial-download.html) and checking if it helps?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines