• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open Adobe Illustrator CS6

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last month, I temporarily installed Illustrator CC. Then I cancelled my subscription to Illustrator CC. Now I want to open my version of Illustrator CS6, but when I try to open it, the Adobe Application Manager appears and says that I need to "Renew your subscription" by going to the "Subscription Manager". When I click on the "Subscription Manager", it takes me to a Creative Cloud window, where it gives me the option to Install the latest available update. I don't want to update. How can I open and use my old version of Adobe Illustrator CS6 ? Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

I called Adobe at 800-585-0774. I told them my problem, and they put me in touch with tech support. I gave the nice Indian man control of my screen. He tried some things which didn't work. So he trashed all of my Adobe products. Then he downloaded the Adobe CS6 Premium to my computer and reinstalled everything. It was a long process to go through, but everything seems to be working fine now. Thank you all very much for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing CC probably updated your CS6 to the CC version of CS6, which uses CC licensing. You have to do a deep clean to get rid of all traces of CC, then you can reinstall CS6 from your original disk with original serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you don't have an original disc, but rather a downloaded installer, make sure you still have that installer file and if not, get it from Customer Care before uninstalling.

You can check your Creative Cloud account if you are a registered user. If not you will need to present proof of purchase in order to get the download.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem.  Downloaded the trial and stupidly I did do the version upgrade for CS6 that changed the licensing.  After uninstalling CC 2019, CS6 and the desktop CC app I can't reinstall Illustrator CS6.

I do have the original installer (which worked before)  from CS6 Production Premium but when running it now I get an error message about the installer failing to initialize because "...it could be because of a missing file."

Also noticed that CS6 Production Premium is not longer listed in "My Products"   All other older versions are still there. I should have known not to download that trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe at 800-585-0774. I told them my problem, and they put me in touch with tech support. I gave the nice Indian man control of my screen. He tried some things which didn't work. So he trashed all of my Adobe products. Then he downloaded the Adobe CS6 Premium to my computer and reinstalled everything. It was a long process to go through, but everything seems to be working fine now. Thank you all very much for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I'll try that number tomorrow.  Good deal that it worked out for you.

Update:  turned out that it was an OS problem.  Deleting the CC stuff did work.  Solution (on a Mac - Mojave and Sierra) was to open the dmg package contents and run the install file from the MacOS subdirectory.  I sure don't remember doing that before.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines