• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save any document in Illustrator on Mac M1 Monterey 12.3

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Illustrator 26.1 on a MacBook Air M1 with OSX Monterey 12.3.

It's not possible to save any file. If I click on file > save (save as) the upcoming save-window has a disabled "save" (sichern) Button. It's also not possible to change the folder or click on anything else. It's all deactivated. I can only change the filename, but that has no other effect.

It's only possible to save files as cloud document, which I don't want to do, because the files are needed to be stored on our NAS

On Monterey 12.2.x everything worked fine. And Illustrator is the only application which has trouble with this update. Photoshop works as expected.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-18 um 10.33.44.png

Does anyone have the same issue?

best regards

Benehem

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Adobe believe it is solved by a recent Mac OS update:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/unable-to-save-files-macOS.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Hi @imago stuhr @monsteronmyscooter @Yashlen237798756qrf @markpaulmac,

We are glad to inform you that the save button greyed out/ unclickable issue has been addressed. We worked with Apple and addressed this issue with the latest macOS update, v12.3.1, released last week. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Thanks for sharing the details, @imago stuhr. We are working with Apple to resolve the issue.
(https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/unable-to-save-files-macOS.html)

In the meantime, I would request you & @markpaulmac to try the following workarounds:

• Resize the Save As dialog and check.
  • If that doesn't help, then pan around with the dialog and check if the Save button appears.

Anshul_Saini_0-1648070915229.gif

I hope it helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've been through this list.

It's not just one file that I can't save. I can't save any file. Even if I do a new file from scratch with only a ractangle in it, I can't save it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @imago stuhr,

We are sorry for the trouble. We have logged a bug with the Product team, and they have started investigating the issue.

It seems the issue started right after the release of the macOS Monterey v12.3, as it is happening with the new & older version of Illustrator.

I would request you to please upvote this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/44917468-can-t-... if not done already. By doing this, you will keep getting updates on the issue.

Also, we checked on multiple Mac machines running macOS Monterey v12.3 and were unable to replicate the issue.

We checked with multiple users on a remote session, and installing an older version also didn't help.

One user reached out to us, and uninstalling the whole creative cloud resolved the issue for him. However, it is not an ideal or recommended resolution.

I would request you to please share a few details it would really help us investigate the issue:

• Please confirm you are running macOS Monterey v12.3
  • Please confirm the exact Illustrator version you are using
  • Please confirm that the save option is greyed out and is unclickable (Share a screenshot if possible)
  • Where are you trying to save the files? (Please mention the location or destination folder name)
  • Share the SPX file from MAC (Most Important):
    Click on Apple Icon > About this Mac > System Report
    This will launch the System Profiler
    Then Click File > Save > Save in Creative Cloud Files or anywhere you like.
    Then open https://assets.adobe.com/files if saved on the Creative Cloud folder.
    Click on three dots next to spx file > Share > Copy Link and paste the download/ copy link here.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I'm running Monterey 12.3 on a MacBook Air M1
  • Illustrator 26.1
  • The save button is greyed out and not clickable. Also it's not possible to change the folder, because the folder list is also not clickable
  • Open an existing file an save it via cmd + s is possible.
  • Share the SPX file from MAC (Most Important):
    https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/7f10e4f0-562a-4b8e-785a-51b375c2a86c 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on my M1 MacBook Air.  Deleated Illustrator and reinstalled with the problem still remaining.  The issue is not happening on my M1 Pro MAX MacBook Pro.  Both machines are running macOS 12.3 Monterey. So very odd.  My workaround for my M1 MacBook Air was to istall the current Illutrator Beta.  The Beta allows me to save.

screenshot_101.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details, @imago stuhr. We are working with Apple to resolve the issue.
(https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/unable-to-save-files-macOS.html)

In the meantime, I would request you & @markpaulmac to try the following workarounds:

• Resize the Save As dialog and check.
  • If that doesn't help, then pan around with the dialog and check if the Save button appears.

Anshul_Saini_0-1648070915229.gif

I hope it helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, resizing the dialog solves the problem.

Thank you Anshul !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lifesaver! Worked for me. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using AI 26.2 on MAC OS 12.3 Monterey. and yep this is the only way it could save. thx but let us know once the bug is sorted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe believe it is solved by a recent Mac OS update:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/unable-to-save-files-macOS.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! This fixed the issue for me! I never would have thought to resize the Save As window!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @imago stuhr @monsteronmyscooter @Yashlen237798756qrf @markpaulmac,

We are glad to inform you that the save button greyed out/ unclickable issue has been addressed. We worked with Apple and addressed this issue with the latest macOS update, v12.3.1, released last week. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a similar issue on 12.3.1 where Illustrator (26.2.1) hangs whilst trying to use the save as dialogue or using save from the 'Save for Web' (legacy) function. I discovered that clicking on the finder icon in the dock and then clicking back to Illustrator enables me to carry on with the save...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines