• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save on MacOS 12.3

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, Illustrator can no longer save files on macOS Monterey 12.3!

Stay away from the new MacOS update!
Anyone have a workaround?
Adobe, please update Illustrator!

TOPICS
Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Hi All,

We are glad to inform you that the save button greyed out/ unclickable issue has been addressed. We worked with Apple and addressed this issue with the latest macOS update, v12.3.1, released last week. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Save not selectable, navigation unresponsive in dialog box. Escape needed to exit dialog. AI 26.1 MacOS 12.3, on MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same thing happened to me. This is frustrating. Lesson learned do NOT install update immediately! PLEASE ADOBE need this to be fixed! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem!!! Heeelp!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as those listed above.  Need assistance ASAP.  Disappointing that an issue this large couldn't be captured during beta. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... 😞
I already uninstalled the latest Illustrator version, I am now running on 26.0.3. but still the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Imagine a development team so incompetent, they don't catch an absolute whopper like this at beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Adobe Support, a fix is in the works. I really hope so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,
@eugens14623123 @Danny Whitehead FW @Heike23611395nzko @Steven22608121kojc @ferkastromx @GrayDude@Fred236025866ax0

We are sorry for the trouble. We have logged a bug with the Product team, and they have started investigating the issue.

It seems the issue started right after the release of the macOS Monterey v12.3, as it is happening with the new & older version of Illustrator.

I would request you to please upvote this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/44917468-can-t-... if not done already. By doing this, you will keep getting updates on the issue.

Also, we checked on multiple Mac machines running macOS Monterey v12.3 and were unable to replicate the issue.

We checked with multiple users on a remote session, and installing an older version also didn't help.

One user reached out to us, and uninstalling the whole creative cloud resolved the issue for him. However, it is not an ideal or recommended resolution.

I would request you all to please share a few details it would really help us investigate the issue:

• Please confirm you are running macOS Monterey v12.3
  • Please confirm the exact Illustrator version you are using
  • Please confirm that the save option is greyed out and is unclickable (Share a screenshot if possible)
  • Where are you trying to save the files? (Please mention the location or destination folder name)
  • Share the SPX file from MAC (Most Important):
    Click on Apple Icon > About this Mac > System Report
    This will launch the System Profiler
    Then Click File > Save > Save in Creative Cloud Files or anywhere you like.
    Then open https://assets.adobe.com/files if saved on the Creative Cloud folder.
    Click on three dots next to spx file > Share > Copy Link and paste the download/ copy link here.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Note: Marking this as correct to highlight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm you are running macOS Monterey v12.3 -- YES

Please confirm the exact Illustrator version you are using -- 26.1

Please confirm that the save option is greyed out and is unclickable -- YES

Where are you trying to save the files? Desktop - only button available is "Save to Cloud"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please see screenshots:

Illustrator 26.1 & Monterey 12.3.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) Intel Processor i7
I can´t save on my computer. At the dialog box "save as", the cursor does not work. I can´t even change the name of the file.
I can only save using “Save Cloud Document”. But I need to save on my computer!!! 

SPX file from my MAC:

Please Heeelp!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Today I tried again to save a document and it is working!! The problem is solved in my computer. I didn´t do anything. Adobe must have solved the problem.Captura de Pantalla 2022-03-19 a la(s) 11.56.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe??? Anybody there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No response. And there is a whole other thread over here with the same issue. 

Pretty big deal having no ability to save work.

Also tried reverting back to the previous version of illustrator, same issue still present. No ability to save a document. And no fix being shared right now as far as I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have read Anshul's message above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. And NO positive answer so far!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you read it till the end?

Because he gave 2 clues:

1. they cannot reproduce the issue on their end

2. one person told them that they could indeed solve it by completely uninstall the Creative Cloud, run the Cleaner tool and then reinstall.

So: it probably won't be easy to solve it, BUT there is something you *could* try - although completely uninstalling clearly is not something that is desirable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I'm running Monterey 12.3 on a MacBook Air M1
  • Illustrator 26.1
  • The save button is greyed out and not clickable. Also it's not possible to change the folder, because the folder list is also not clickable
  • Open an existing file an save it via cmd + s is possible.
  • Share the SPX file from MAC (Most Important):
    https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/7f10e4f0-562a-4b8e-785a-51b375c2a86c 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on my M1 MacBook Air.  Deleated Illustrator and reinstalled with the problem still remaining.  The issue is not happening on my M1 Pro MAX MacBook Pro.  Both machines are running macOS 12.3 Monterey. So very odd.  My workaround for my M1 MacBook Air was to istall the current Illutrator Beta.  The Beta allows me to save.

screenshot_101.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. Thanks for the workaround after one week of not being able to save!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect solution for now. It works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @markpaulmac 

This works! Adobe just left us to fend for ourselves on this. Just so frustrated. Literary I can't do anything for 5 days since this happened. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and it is a huge problem for me. I couldn't work on my current Projekt. This causing a delay that my client doesn't accept. So im definitely will ask at least for a refund for this one.
Such a frustrating situation. Really really unacceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines