• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save on MacOS 12.3

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, Illustrator can no longer save files on macOS Monterey 12.3!

Stay away from the new MacOS update!
Anyone have a workaround?
Adobe, please update Illustrator!

TOPICS
Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Hi All,

We are glad to inform you that the save button greyed out/ unclickable issue has been addressed. We worked with Apple and addressed this issue with the latest macOS update, v12.3.1, released last week. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a kind of workaround where you don't have to install or uninstall anything. This is if you have both Photoshop and Illustrator. It's not ideal but bear with me. So what I do is design what I need in Illustrator, select all and paste it into a Photoshop document at the right size. By pasting it as a smart object, you can at any time double click on the smart object and still edit in Illustrator. These edits can be saved by simply closing the window and saving as you do. I then store this as a PSD until the issue is sorted. To put it back into Illustrator, you can open the smart object and save as when the issue is fixed. Like I said, not ideal, but I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did exactly that as a workaround when I couldn't save the .ai (before I read the workaround), but then could not open the smart object from within Photoshop with Illustrator 2020 already open, getting an error message. I then closed Illustrator and was able to click on the smart object, the Illustrator app opened, but not the smart object. WTH??

PS-smartobject-error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and yes, I updated to Monterey 12.3 yesterday 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MissAppeltaart @Fir3Dragon,

Please try the following workaround:

• Resize the Save As dialog
  • If that doesn't help, then pan around with the dialog and check if the Save button appears.

@MissAppeltaart, sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Our product team is currently investigating the -1703 error issue, which was introduced with macOS 12.3. Please check out: https://adobe.ly/3INrUIM

Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monterey 12.3 update may be the issue, or is the problem with Lightroom Classic? I have have had lengthy conversations with Apple Tech Support and they are helping me move back to my laptop original OS (Big Sur), which seems like just what it sounds...a step backward. Lightroom is NOT the only app that has issues. Nor is it just Adobe products. It seems Apple has released a dodgy update in Monterey 12.3. Avoid at all costs for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incredible. We work with this s%$t. I want my money back for this month! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some got it working by enlarging the save dialog window.

It may be worth trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best suggestion in a week of agony! And it works! 

I can't believe this bug has been around for a week and Adobe isn't responding at all...

Weak, very weak...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx. yes it kind of work but I'm really really angry...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ENLARGING THE WINDOW WORKS!!!!   CRAZY!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks for sharing the details. We are really sorry for the trouble. We are working with Apple to resolve the issue.
(https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/unable-to-save-files-macOS.html)

In the meantime, I would request you all to try the following workarounds:

• Resize the Save As dialog and check.
  • If that doesn't help, then pan around with the dialog and check if the Save button appears.

Anshul_Saini_0-1648070394984.gif

I hope it helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those still struggling while we wait on Adobe, try resizing the save dialog box. It is working for me. Annoying. Moronic. But a workaround to prevent lost productivity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resizing the 'Save' window ungreyed the Save button for me. I can now save my files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are glad to inform you that the save button greyed out/ unclickable issue has been addressed. We worked with Apple and addressed this issue with the latest macOS update, v12.3.1, released last week. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My whole team stuck and can't save work! Stop blaming Apple and just fix it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @leoestevez,

We are sorry to hear this. I would request you please update to macOS v12.3.1 and confirm if the save button greyed out/ unclickable issue is resolved or not.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac OS 12.6 and this happens in PS and AI. I've lost a lot of work and it's become a big problem. What is the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rickw93,

We are sorry for the trouble and delayed response. Would you mind trying the following steps and seeing if that helps or not?

• Update Illustrator to v27.0
  • Save as Cloud Document

If this doesn't help, please share a screen recording demonstrating the issue. 

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Illustrator 27.2 and I have the same problem.

Please get it fixed the soonest. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Illustrator 27.2 and I have the same problem.

Please get it fixed the soonest. 

By @Nadyeya

Please contact Customer Care to get this fixed on your system. They can login to your system to check it out: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Nadyeya,

Thanks for reaching out. This was a known issue with the older versions of macOS Monterey. Try updating to macOS 12.6.3 or 13.2 to resolve the issue.

However, if updating macOS doesn't help, would you mind trying the following workarounds:

Anshul_Saini_0-1675442346532.gif

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines