• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color change in eps preview

Participant ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have uploaded some items EPS files in Adobe Stock and I am seeing a huge color difference in shades.

These usually happens in blue and purple shades.

attached img.

StarAG_0-1666959281240.jpeg

Previously we use to upload eps and jpg both, in which jpgs were used to create preview but with recent change I believe Adobe Stock takes EPS file as a preview and generates its own image out of it.

I have even tried contacting Adobe Stock support but have not got any solution.

What is right way to export so that colors are preserved in EPS preview.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Scripts cannot reproduce everything Illustrator can do. In your hope, there is no possibility to specify the transparency flattener options in detail.

Other than that, the EPS save options are only available for items that the user might need to change. Since the new version is an Electron application, the settings are controlled on the GUI.

save-options.png

You are welcome to visit the online store where you purchased it and download it at no additional charge.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thumbnail previews in Adobe Stock are compressed RGB versions of the originals. 

Speaking as a customer, EPS is a zombie file type I don't use anymore. Among other limitations, EPS is not color managed.  I prefer vector graphics files in Illustrator AI or SVG format. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can be solution to it. I will be using EPS format only EPS10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save your own preview as JPEG and upload both together in a zip file. Adobe stock will take your JPEG instrad of generating its own.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I use to follow the same.

But for some reason it seems Adobe is taking the EPS and generating its own preview.

The difference of colors can be seen in the above files. I upload both formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving the colour profile as a RGB and see what happends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, to me too it felt that there is change of color mode and the system is taking CMYK as CMYK always destroy blue color. 🙂

I have test this many times and the color profile is RGB by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, native EPS files do not contain color profile information.  On the web, CMYK is not supported so web browsers translate color information (if there is any) to sRGB.  However, browsers vary a lot.  So what you see in Chrome may not be what you see in Firefox, Safari or MS Edge.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then your JPEG is not sRGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is not with JPG, the exported jpg shows exact same color as in the artboard.

The EPS file created when opened in illustrator shows accurate colors but when uploaded to Adobe Stock the color changes.

So:

1- Adobe stock is not taking my jpg image as preview because the jpg is perfectly fine.

2- Adobe stock is using my EPS file to generate jpg previews which is giving color difference. And why am I focusing on this #2 point is because same issue happens on my work at Shutterstock too. And since shutterstock uses eps file for previews, I can confirm the same for Adobe stock too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stock is taking my JPEG files for vector graphics to show the preview.

They may have changed meanwhile, but I do not think so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They might have changed it recently.

Sadly, the question has no correct answer till now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am still looking for the solution on this. This is causing me real trouble. I need solution. Anyone here who knows the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no solution. Adobe now creates it's own previews. For Adobe Illustrator files, that works fine. For EPS, as this format is legacy, you really can't expect a solution, if something goes wrong. However, Adobe stock assumes sRGB as colour profile. So everything you do should conform to this profile, especially when exporting to formats where colour profiles are not supported. They will be interpreted as having sRGB. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you would like to test this, save the colour profile as a RGB file and see how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tested. I just want to mention that I use a tool to upscale the vector to 4MP

https://sttk3.com/blog/tips/illustrator/minimumarea-1.html

Can this be culprit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The minimumArea script creates a new file into which it copies objects from the source file. Illustrator may apply a different color profile to the file by default when the script create a new file, so you may find a color mismatch when you upload it to the repository. This requires research.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having less knowledge in scripting, how can this be fixed?

Is it possible if I private share the script file and you can look into this?

This is causing me trouble from years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a guess, but I can't say that minimumArea is causing this. You may want to discuss possible problems with the author of the script.
Contact form: https://sttk3.com/contact
Twitter DM: https://twitter.com/sttk3com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have messeged him, hopefully he replies. I post updates here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your version of minimumArea, Illustrator will not generate a new document. In order to perfectly preserve the settings of the source file, the process goes as follows.

1. duplicate the source file using the file system
  2. open the duplicated file and edit the document
  3. save over when closing the document

doc.close(SaveOptions.SAVECHANGES)​

It is highly unlikely that minimumArea is the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Adobe Stock, embedding an sRGB color profile in both the Illustrator file and the JPEG will improve the problem.

For Shutterstock it is unknown; Illustrator seems to remember the color profile embedded in the EPS, but it is doubtful that it will be referenced when the image is generated on Shutterstock’s servers.

I looked into that when I developed another application. The following page may be helpful.
https://sttk3.com/blog/tips/illustrator/infovector-icc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thankyou for the reply. I still believe that my settings are accurate. I am following Shutterstock guidelines to save the EPS file.

https://support.submit.shutterstock.com/s/article/Best-Practice-Recommendations-for-Saving-EPS-Files

I suspect on this script because when I checked my file on eps viewer, I can see the change "only" after upscaling of the file.

https://epsviewer.org/onlineviewer.aspx

Here is the result.

Screenshot_5.jpg

I have checked with minimumArea latest version too.

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A. Then, could you send me a sample file?

1. source file (ai)
  2. source file (eps)
  3. file enlarged with minimumArea (eps)
  4. an image containing both correct and unintended colors in one file (jpeg with icc)

B. Enlarge the source file by your own manipulation and try to see if it makes any difference in the eps viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent you the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines