• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Color difference between CPU/GPU previews

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a big color problem between CPU/GPU previews.
In GPU preview, the colors become dull, bland. I didn't have this issue before the latest updates when switching between the two.
I tried to reinstall an older version, but the problem persists.
I am having the problem on both indesign and illustrator.
Do you have a solution ?

Capture d’écran 2022-11-04 à 17.31.31 copie.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

So, I confirm that with a downgrade on MacOS Monterey, I no longer have any color difference problems when switching between CPU / GPU.

An update for Ventura will be welcome very soon.

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Hi @Mouchet0D4C @Dmitrymoi,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details. We have investigated the issue, and it has been found reproducible on our end on Apple Silicon Mac running on macOS Ventura only. This is acknowledged and will be worked on by developers in future updates.

Currently, workarounds to this are to use CPU preview or run the app using rosetta or open as Intel or as @Mouchet0D4C suggested rolling back to macOS Monterey will work.

Anshul_Saini_1-1668031439359.png

Please check this UserVoice and upvote

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Mouchet0D4C,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/illustrator-25-2-1-gpu-cpu-preview-change-the...) and checking if it helps?

If the issue persists, kindly share some more information, like the exact version of the OS and Illustrator installed on your computer, the system configuration (CPU/GPU/Monitor), the Color Settings used, and whether Illustrator also behaves this way with other files.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been researching the forum since, and read that this is from the latest update on macOs Ventura.
Indeed, it is since this update that I encounter the problem.

I've never had this issue before, even when switching between the two CPU/GPU previews
I will reinstall macOS Monterey to try.

Here is my setup :

illustrator 26.5.1

indesign 18.0

photoshop 24.0.0

MacOS Ventura

CPU/GPU : Apple M1 Pro

Monitor : Retina screen XDR + Dell U2723QE

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I confirm that with a downgrade on MacOS Monterey, I no longer have any color difference problems when switching between CPU / GPU.

An update for Ventura will be welcome very soon.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you just got lucky. I'm having the same issue but am and have always been on Monterey. I use an M1 max MacBook with an external monitor. The saturation issue only occurs on the external monitor. If you drag InDesign from the external back to the laptop screen it will stay desaturated until you resize the window and then gain its proper saturation back. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I haven't downgraded to Monterey, but the other solutions I found on the forum didn't help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mouchet0D4C @Dmitrymoi,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details. We have investigated the issue, and it has been found reproducible on our end on Apple Silicon Mac running on macOS Ventura only. This is acknowledged and will be worked on by developers in future updates.

Currently, workarounds to this are to use CPU preview or run the app using rosetta or open as Intel or as @Mouchet0D4C suggested rolling back to macOS Monterey will work.

Anshul_Saini_1-1668031439359.png

Please check this UserVoice and upvote it: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45876907-macos-...

By doing this, you'll get updates on the issue and help prioritize.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be the priority without having voted!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is still not resolved in illustrator 27.0.1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Udaanjargal27177352drxb @清敏27178132w1jv,

We have already started the investigation. We are also checking with Apple, as the app is working fine on macOS Monterey & Ventura on intel Mac machines. Also, the app is working fine with macOS Monterey on Apple silicon only macOS Ventura is affected by this issue on Apple Silicon.

For now, please use the workaround as suggested above and stay tuned for updates.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines