• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert to pixels in .ai - Seems easy but it's not working

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am trying to upload a web banner, and the site is saying the image has to be 1140 px by 315 px, and that my file is 1000 px by 276 px. Illustrator seems to be forcing me to change the pixels on each object, text box, background box, etc. Even though I did this, and even though I edited the artboard to be the appropriate pixels from the beginning, the site is still saying it's 1000 px by 276 px. I don't know how to change this to meets their requirements. On the site's forum, someone suggested I change the file to a jpg or png file, but this is not an option when I do a Save As. It should work in .ai, according to the site. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

@Ton Frederiks 

Thank you for your help. I was using the Save As menu, not realizing this would have anything to do with the problem. I went into the File menu, hovered over Export, selected Save For Web, and chose JPEG High. When I tried to place the image on the web page, it worked perfectly. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check what PPI settings you have and check against the requirements for your banner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator seems to be forcing me to change the pixels on each object, text box, background box, etc.

How exactly is it doing that?

On the site's forum, someone suggested I change the file to a jpg or png file, but this is not an option when I do a Save As.

You would have to export those formats.

What site is it? Someone here may be able to offer more help if we could review their exact requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you set your units to pixels and create a 1140 px by 315 px document, you will get that size when exported as an image with 72 ppi resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone. Thank you for your replies. @Ton Frederiks I have done this with no luck. They want it in pixels at 1140 x 315, and I switched it to that when I created the file. When I go to the site, it still says I only have it at 1000 x 276. I feel like I must be doing something wrong, but I can't see what it is. @John Mensinger It is Zazzle. I'm just trying to put a web banner on there, and it keeps saying the same thing (it's only 1000 x 276). The reason I say it seems to be forcing me to change pixels on everything is because, despite setting the new file up with the correct pixels, when I select the background or the text I created, they are still in the default settings. @sishamIAGD I have double-checked it to make sure I have the right pixel requirements, and the document says I do, but Zazzle says I don't. I didn't get very far with their forum, and I felt maybe since I'm still pretty new to Illustrator, that it was user error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use the "Use Artboards" option when exporting? Maybe your artwork is smaller than your artboard.

What dimensions do you see when you do a get info on the export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ton Frederiks No, I didn't have that option that I saw. I was on the website and clicked on "Upload Image." That took me to my files, and I chose the file and clicked "Open." There was nothing else that I actively did with it. Is there something I have to do to prepare it for uploading? ... My artwork is the same size as the artboard and says it's the size they want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ton Frederiks 

Thank you for your help. I was using the Save As menu, not realizing this would have anything to do with the problem. I went into the File menu, hovered over Export, selected Save For Web, and chose JPEG High. When I tried to place the image on the web page, it worked perfectly. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear you solved it. Yes, export is the way to go for images from Illustrator files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines