• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash while working on Illustrator 27.3.1 - macOS Ventura 13.2.1

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started using Illustrator instead of Photoshop for graphic design and it's been crashing constantly. I have a 2021 Macbook Pro with the M1 Pro chip (16GB RAM, 1TB storage) running Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1. I've had no issues with any other app. Just this one. I tried turning off GPU acceleration and increasing the background save time to 15 minutes (per some outdated youtube videos) but nothing worked. Any tips?

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Illustrator are you using? Earlier versions of Illustrator were not able to run natively on computers with the M1 chip and were forced to run through Rosetta. The performance f the program while running through Rosetta was extremely erratic. Make sure that you have one of the latest version of Illustrator (2022 or 2023 should do it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your response. I'm running the latest version of Illustrator (27.3.1). I reinstalled it for good measure but that didn't help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 27.2 and just updated to Ventura 13.1 and I'm constantly crashing and never did before!?!?!? I also get a message error that states 

Adobe cannot auto save at this time save file manually--- but it does Not save( I've had 5 crashes in less than an hour- time suck I can't afford my MacBook has zero problem and I'm in a brand new iMac!?!? I wish they stop " fixing" invisible bugs or don't update till new bugs are addressed it so freaking backwards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry, as you use Adobe Illustrator, you will gradually understand it and solve related problems automatically.....

I recently started using Illustrator instead of Photoshop for graphic design and it's been crashing constantly. I have a 2021 Macbook Pro with the M1 Pro chip (16GB RAM, 1TB storage) running Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1. I've had no issues with any other app. Just this one. I tried turning off GPU acceleration and increasing the background save time to 15 minutes (per some outdated youtube videos) but nothing worked. Any tips?

By @JP Mensah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the problem is I can't even use it as it keeps crashing lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed this is not an Adobe fault I believe Apple is to blame as they cite privacy issues ect - I don't care I just want to work!- there is supposedly a 2 hour - you do it yourself work around that update doesn't inform you before it happens which would be consumer information of choice!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried turning off GPU acceleration and increasing the background save time to 15 minutes (per some outdated youtube videos)

By @JP Mensah

You will not notice what turning off Background save does for you until you do. But then it's too late.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @JP Mensah,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. If you're using a Wacom Tablet, we recommend trying an older version of the driver (6.3.46-2) to see if it resolves the issue. If not, please follow the steps in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and let us know your observations. Also, kindly share the crash report using the steps in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html) and use the same email account as your community account for quick tracking. We appreciate your time and efforts in resolving this issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines