• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

create circular text without rotation

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to create a dial to use with some weigh scales. I cannot work out how to form the text for the markers. I would like to create 48 text items that are copied equally around a circle BUT all the text should stay aligned to the artboard, i.e. not rotating around the circle. Each text item will also have a different text value, 1..48

The closest I have come is with the blend function, however it won't let me edit the text of the individual items, they are clones of the first item in the blend, and even after expanding them, I'm left with a path object, not a text object that I can edit.

Any suggestions on how to form text perfectly around a circle, but remain aligned to the artboard?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Matthew,

You can use the one step fake blend approach as in this similar case, also with a link to a combination with tick marks,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/step-text-on-a-circle-double-digit-numbers/td-p/13334995

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matthew,

You can use the one step fake blend approach as in this similar case, also with a link to a combination with tick marks,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/step-text-on-a-circle-double-digit-numbers/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, that worked a treat. I never considered the single step blend approach.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Matthew.

I believe I have been the only/first one that has been silly enough to even consider a 1 step fake blend based upon a true blend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines