Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

data recovery is disabled due to an error in last session

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 1.13.11 PM.png

the past 3 days I've been getting a pop up message on the top of my work space shortly after I save a file for the first time. It's happened with already started files and completely new ones. It only ever shows maybe a minute or so after saving for the first time. I tried save with a different name as the messages says, restarting illustrator and restarting my mac but its still happening. Today Illustrator froze and I had to force quit and the document recovery option didn't even pop up when relaunched like it usually does after a crash/force quit. I looked and all of the data recovery options are checked in preferences.

I try to save as often as possible but it's really nerve racking to work knowing that recovery isn't even an option. any help would be much appericated! 

*working on an imac 2021 in illustrator 2022

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you restarted your computer or Illy (not including forced) since then?

If you have, try resetting prefs, then turn on data recovery (or make sure it's on).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already tried restarting my computer and illustrator so I tried resetting preferences and unfortunately that didn't work either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you just update Illy?

If so, you might need to do an uninstall using the cleaner tool - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unistalled and reinstalled illustrator and the error message went away. It's been fine the past few days but now the message came up again, this time right when I open a file not just when I save.

-I have auto updates on so if there was one within the last 2 weeks it was installed. Could this be some type of bug from an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should contact Customer Care. They can login to your system to check this out: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening constantly since the last update on all sorts of AI files big and small. Restarting, clearing prefs, etc change nothing for me. Unfortunately, given how buggy CC has become, and how long many bugs have been plaguing Illustrator and InDesign for years now, I don't expect a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have 1 user out of 10 having this issue on both their office and remote computers. They report it happens about 6 times a day. There does not appear to be any ill effects as of yet. 

Imac running Catalina, AI version 26.0.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been seeing the same message at random for i guess, a couple of months now. Automatic updates for all CC applications is on, - and it is definitely not just the latest versions showing this behavior.

Using iMac with Catalina here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also started getting these notices on every Illustrator file. Large and small, new and old, it doesn't seem to matter. Although, I must say that I have never had much luck with CC recovery feature anyway, so I just mannually save every 5-10 minutes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should never rely on Recovery alone. It might save you the last few minutes of your work, but please don't rely on it.

Make backups. And then make more backups. Not just save every few minutes, but save as under a different name in a different volume.

Saving can go wrong for a lot of reasons (power outage is the worst). And then your file goes into Nirvana.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines