• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Color of EPS?

Participant ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I "placed" an eps image in my Illustrator document. Now I want to change the color of the eps image but it doesn't work when I select it and try changing the color. Is it possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Looks linked. You can choose to embed it from the Links panel menu, the Control bar or the Options panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the eps vector? Is it embedded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes vector. I don't know if it's embedded. The file extension is .eps. 

I "placed" it into my file from the "file" menu. I don't know if that answers your questions. I'm really not all that tech savvy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks linked. You can choose to embed it from the Links panel menu, the Control bar or the Options panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. I was able to link it and that allowed me to change the color. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear embedding helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to provide more infos and elaborate.

For example, which version of Illustrator are you using?

Are you link placing the files or are they embedded? If embedded, do they reside in one clipping mask or perhaps nested clipping masks? Are you talking about vector objects (paths) or raster images?

Can you provide a sample .eps file with detailed instructions what you are going to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using 25.4.1.

It's a simple .eps file, a single image. I don't know what clipping maskes are or what embedded means.

Here is the file attached. Yeah I just placed it right into my Illustrator document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to edit it, please do not place it, but open it oin Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I know this is an old thread, but I came across it when I had the same problem.

I figured out a different solution to the problem: instead of "placing" the EPS image directly in your document, open the image seperately from the File menu. Once you've opened the EPS file you can edit the color. Then just copy-paste the EPS image back into your document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines