Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error loading plugins/ Missing Plugins while launching Illustrator on macOS

New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just purchased Adobe Creative Cloud and after saving a project on Adobe Illustrator CS6, I tried to open the program again and an error message is coming up, "Missing required plugins. PDF format.aip."

I checked the plugin folder and it is in there, yet I cannot open Illustrator.  The other Adobe programs work, it is just Illustrator.

Does anyone know how to fix this so I can open Illustrator and get to work.  Thanks so much!

Also, I have an iMac.  Thanks.

-Phil

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

The path to this plugin is at the following

/Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2021/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/Required/Plug-ins/Extensions

To show the Contents folder, right-click on Adobe Illustrator.app and choose "Show Package Content"

P.S.:- I have Illustrator 25.0.1 on a MAC 10.14.6 and it works just fine. 

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Hi there,

We are sorry about the trouble. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing this issue. I would request you to please try the steps mentioned in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Manan Joshi..... August 2022 and the BNPlugin.aip continues to be a problem.  Thank you for this!  I tried the other solutions recommended by the Adobe professional and they didn't work.

Your instructions worked.  I wasn't able to "right-click" but I followed your path using the "Go > To Folder" menu, and changed Adobe Illustrator 2021 to 2022, and was able to find the BNPlugin.aip file.  I don't know what that plug in does (other than to cause issues) but I deleted it and all seems to be working

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 116 Replies 116
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they are not third party plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error happened right after I downloaded the 2020 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system and hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Catalina

version 10.15.6

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 9.47.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot of the plugins:

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 9.55.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care. They will need to take a look inside your system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugins in your screenshot are DeskPack for CC 2017 (AI21), I suppose you upgraded your Illustrator from CC 2017 to 2020.

You need to install the latest DeskPack, please contact Esko.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to tell you to do it and seeing you answer! glad it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the updated version and install the previous version & it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are sorry about the trouble. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing this issue. I would request you to please try the steps mentioned in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening or working in illustrator the screen either completly blanks white or blue

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without getting some more informations, I can only guess that you probably have some serious hardware defects.

If that is not the case, you would have to provide some more details about the issue. Otherwise it is a lost request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. Could you please share some details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • Are you using an M1 Mac?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Share some screenshots or a small clip of the issue?
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Also, you may try the steps suggested in the help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi so i'm on macOS Big Sur version 11.4

Macbook Pro 15'' 2019 

Running intel Mac 

It's only started happening since yesterday, i did do a software update earlier this week, i don't know if that's the issue or not. I've tried un installing illustrator and re insatlling no luck. 

I only have plugins from Astute graphics installed. 
I got this message earlier in the week saying that illustrator is running in safe mode.

Whole screen turns blue, but if i hold down cmd it disspears the reappers after relesase 

Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 22.04.03.png

Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 10.04.56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to update, i've resetted the prefrences and that has seemed to have done the trick. 

Thanks you, fingers crossed it remains resloved. 

Best wishes,

Harpal 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you're back on track.

Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines