Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error loading plugins/ Missing Plugins while launching Illustrator on macOS

New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just purchased Adobe Creative Cloud and after saving a project on Adobe Illustrator CS6, I tried to open the program again and an error message is coming up, "Missing required plugins. PDF format.aip."

I checked the plugin folder and it is in there, yet I cannot open Illustrator.  The other Adobe programs work, it is just Illustrator.

Does anyone know how to fix this so I can open Illustrator and get to work.  Thanks so much!

Also, I have an iMac.  Thanks.

-Phil

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

The path to this plugin is at the following

/Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2021/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/Required/Plug-ins/Extensions

To show the Contents folder, right-click on Adobe Illustrator.app and choose "Show Package Content"

P.S.:- I have Illustrator 25.0.1 on a MAC 10.14.6 and it works just fine. 

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Hi there,

We are sorry about the trouble. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing this issue. I would request you to please try the steps mentioned in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Manan Joshi..... August 2022 and the BNPlugin.aip continues to be a problem.  Thank you for this!  I tried the other solutions recommended by the Adobe professional and they didn't work.

Your instructions worked.  I wasn't able to "right-click" but I followed your path using the "Go > To Folder" menu, and changed Adobe Illustrator 2021 to 2022, and was able to find the BNPlugin.aip file.  I don't know what that plug in does (other than to cause issues) but I deleted it and all seems to be working

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 116 Replies 116
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a permission issue with your shared PDF libraries. Check user privileges and file permissions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Please see http://forums.adobe.com/message/4453838#4453838 to resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry about the trouble. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing this issue. I would request you to please try the steps mentioned in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running an older version of Illustrator CS6 on a Macbook Pro w/ Mojave Version 10.14.5. When I start it up it says I am missing requried plugins then it quits on me. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Is there some steps I can do to fix the plugins? I've attached a screenshot of the message it gives me with the list of plugins. Thank you for your help.

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 9.30.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're running it on a system that is much too new and no longer compatible. You can of course try and get it up running, but there's only slight chance that you will be able to. Try and uninstall, run the Adobe Cleaner tool and then reinstall. If you don't have the installer anymore, you will have to get that first. Contact Customer Care and have proof of purchase ready (not required if the version is already registered to your account). http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the reply. I ended up working with customer support to resolve the issue. We ended up having to reinstall the CS6 suite from a drive that he had me download. Luckily I kept my CS6 registration number on hand to verify it was legally purchased. Did the reinstall which took some time but illustrator now works and the others were not effected. I'm currently on Mojave and glad to know it's still compatible. Might hold out on upgrading to Catalina if it might cause some issues. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, just in case you didn't know -- CS6 will NEVER run on the new Catalina system. If you want to run old apps, freeze your system? (It may be too late for CS6 in mojave, not sure).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the heads up. Yes I think I may hold on on Catalina, there's no real reason for me to upgrade yet if it will effect my CS6. I'm currently on Mojave and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently updated CS6 via the app manager. Since the update Illustrator won't launch as a dialogue box appears with a list of missing plugins.

I've downloaded the Illustrator CS6 and CS6 DesignWebPremium CS6 installers in an attempt to revert back to the version prior to the update but neither of the installers will launch either.

Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution?

I'm currently on a iMac 5k, running High Sierra 10.13.6

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is not compatible with High Sierra. For some people it works, but it will be close to impossible to find why it doesn't work for you. You could try and reset the preferences if you haven't already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

All my other CS6 applications are running fine on High Sierra, it's only since updating Illustrator that it's broken that application.

Thanks, I'll try dumping the prefs and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I managed to get the CS6 installer to work having read this discussion.

CS6 on HighSierra

It's work fine again now on High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!

I tried to open Illustrator yesterday and got an error message that I am missing the artconverters.aip plugin.  I did a search on my computer and it is truly missing (not moved accidentally).  I uninstalled, then re-installed Illustrator thinking that would fix the problem, but it did not.  I have searched on the internet for the plugin to download, but cannot find it anywhere.

How do I fix this?  I have projects that are due soon!

Here is my error report:

https://pastebin.com/YussB0KX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post these bug reports on Pastebin, not in here.

Have you run the Crative Cloud Cleaner tool in-between uninstall and reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so where is Pastebin?  Never heard/seen this.

What is Creative Cloud Cleaner tool?   Never heard of this either.  I don't have it in my Adobe files and didn't see it as an option to download in the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link to Pastebin.  It looks Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool for Mac has too many issues of its own for OS X 10.11.6.   Hopefully someone will have a link to the plugin that I can re-insert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One missing plugin might point to additional issues with your installation. So just adding that plugin might or might not solve your problem.

You won't find a link online. At least not an official (thus reliable) one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody

I've installed the update of MAc (Catalina) and the update of Illustrator (CC2020)
and I can't use illustrator anymore, each time i want to open one of my files (created before in Illustrator), i received an error message with no solution to resolve it 

"impossible to read the file because the plug-in cannot interpret this file" 

any help ? i really need to work with Illustrator and it's not possible anymore 

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any third-party plug-ins installed for Illustrator or for the OS? If so they are most likely not up to date and will not work with the new versions of the program or OS. Try disabling any third party plug-ins and see if the problem persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Zero plug in installed on my computer for Illustrator it's for that i don't understand why i have this problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines