• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An error message appears every time I open files "your current color settings honor CMYK profiles in linked content but profiles were set to be ignored when this document was created." Is there a setting or something I can adjust to make this window stop popping up every time I open files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's usually a "Don't show the message again" checkbox. I take it this message does not have one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

set up your color management accordingly.

Did you create these documents or did someone else?

if someone else ask them about how they want color management

it‘s a good thing Illustrator shows these warnings, because surrely you don‚t want to mess up color

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in a company and all of the files are on a company server.  I do not know how to fix the color management.  There is not a checkbox to avoid seeing the message again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setup of color management depends on a lot of variables related to your production workflow and even your location.

So please have the experts in your company set it up for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens when people work in differing color spaces like CMYK vs. RGB, and there are even micro-levels like different gamuts of RGB or CMYK. So Monika is right, you may want to check before making a gross change to workflow incase any of those files are supposed to be in a specific space and your machine isn't set that way. However, if you are confident this isn't an issue you can go to EDIT > COLOR SETTINGS and change some properties here for your machine. At the bottom you can see it shows Checkbox for Profile Mismatches and to "Ask When Opening", etc... if you uncheck these the problem should go away.

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 1.31.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thos boxes are already unchecked.  The message keeps coming up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's this setting that has been set up differently by the creator of the file.

Screen+Shot+2019-02-26+at+1.31.57+PM.png

And in order to not mess up the colors of the artwork, you will need to check and double check what was intended.

Please learn about color management. It has been there for 20 years. It won't go away. And check the file and your settings with your supervisor and with the client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this same error message when I make the file, save it, and immediately open it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A solution that may work (seems to work for me):

- Go to "Edit > Color Settings".

- Set "CMYK" to "Preserve Embedded Profiles".

- Open your document (the one that provoke the warning).

- The warning will appear ("WARNING: Your current color settings honor CMYK profiles in linked content but profiles were set to be ignored when this document was created.").

- Click "Continue".

- Add a modification to the document (like adding and then removing a shape).

- Save the document (using either "File > Save as > Illustrator file" or "File > Save").

- Reopen the document.

- The warning (may) have disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Set "CMYK" to "Preserve Embedded Profiles".

By @Deleted User

That setting may lead to CMYK to CMYK conversions turning 100K to muddy black, which is something you might or might not want.

It's very risky to change to this setting for the sole purpose of getting rid of a warning that doesn't do any harm to your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback. Do you think choose one of the 3 others option whould be better? (because I need to choose one anyway)
1) Off
2) Preserve Numbers (Ignore Linked Profiles)

3) Convert to Working Space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For vector content "Preserve numbers" is the best choice, because CMYK vector content most of the time cannot be handled by the ICC based conversion workflows. Converting colors based on ICC profiles will make a mess of your colors most of the time.

For raster artwork (and this also affects raster images placed into your vector files) you sometimes need to do profile based CMYK to CMYK conversions.

I have mine set to Preserve numbers. YMMV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be a glitch in the color settings handling of AI, becuase I get this message everytime I open an AI file I just made! I've used the same color settings synchronized for years, and just recently I'm getting this error. (Illustratpe 28.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and which settings are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sRGB and US Sheetfed Coated -- convert to destination.

Even when I make a new AI file with these settings, close it, then open it, I get that dang warning message.  Every—time.Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 7.35.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you creating new files? Based on templates?

And please show a screenshot of the warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not using a template, but just the normal Command-N New File dialog box. I just made a new file, added 2 filled boxes, then saved and closed. Openned it, and got the color error message again. (There is no linked content in the file, as well.)

Here is the error message:

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 9.54.22 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you reset your preferences and try again?

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

This will erase all your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, I tried that, hoping it would clear things out and fix it, but it did not. I removed the Preferences file and launched AI. Made a file, saved and closed it, opened it, and still got that message.

Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you change your color settings like in Monika's example with the fat red line: Preserve Numbers (Ignore Linked Profiles) ? Yours is still on Convert to Working Space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I could do thay, but then content would not be converted the my working space. 

The problem is, why is AI wanring me about something that is not applicable? Made in this color space, saved in this color space, then opened in this same color space. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converting CMYK to another CMYK working space can lead to things like fuzzy small white text on a black background.

It will be harder to keep black and greys neutral when they get converted to multi-inks black.

That's why it is generally better to leave that conversion to apps/rips that can handle that better.

Sometimes that is nessecary, when you retarget your design for a very different printing process (offset/newsprint).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adjust your Adobe application's color settings, ensuring proper CMYK profiles. Check and set the color profiles for both the document and linked content. Save color profiles with the document and consider resetting preferences or reinstalling the application if the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines