• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when saving to cloud- "Illustrator tried but could not save the document"

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this error pop up for the last two weeks when I go to save an Illustrator document to my cloud. I can start a new document and "save as" it to my cloud once, but if I go to "save" or autosave, this error message will pop up ( "Illustrator tried but could not save the document"). Autosave is essential to my workflow, and it's not practical to save all of my documents right to my computer. I've gone through the troubleshooting link that pops up but it's not helpful because everything is showing up as up to date.

The only way to get the error message to go away is to use task manager to shut down Illustrator completely or restart my laptop. Everything is up to date (drivers, Adobe apps, Creative Cloud), I have 80% space remaining in my cloud, and my CPU and memory on my laptop shouldn't be an issue. 

I originally thought this error was because I was using Adobe Fonts, but this file that the screenshot is from is three 8.5 by 11 inch artboards with two squares on each filling up the artboard (I hid them for the save because I thought that would help), so I don't think the file is the problem. I've tried closing all background programs and it makes no difference.

This is really annoying and takes a lot of time out of my workflow.

Screenshot (420).png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add insult to injury, now when I start Illustrator it tells me my preference files have been corrupted and saved as "Adobe Illustrator Prefs .err"... I don't know where though, and I can switch to my workspace without a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd recommend using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the existing app installation and reinstall the app once done. 

Additionally, you may follow the suggestions given on this community post to improve the performance of the app. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines