• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export for screen preset format setting lost/ reset after restarting Illustrator

Participant ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering about something that changed since the last update of illustrator

on the window “export for screen” Windows There is a format section where you can input different sizes to export your  artboards to.

but since the last update it seems to reset itself every time I open and close illustrator on my computer.  so I always come back to the “x1”  preset

it is very annoying because I'm used to render many different formats at the same time with very specific sizes and I tend to forget that I have to input them every time I fire up my computer

Eg :
1 at 300 PPI
1 at x2
Etc

is there a way to fix this please

I work on local files not in the Adobe cloud

Thx 

-
www.instagram.com/mugen_labz/
TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it and my input was preserved.

I don't know what would happen if I also reboot the system.

You could try if it helps when you reset the preferences. As this erases your settings, try and rename the preferences folder. That can be undone. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your solution but it doesn't work
I successfully removed all the parameters of AI,

Running a fresh new copy of Illustrator

I create something, >  export for screens >  300 PPI > Export

if I close just the document it will keep my selection in the export for screen UI

but if I close illustrator completely,  it will reset the settings to the basic X1 export setting

I never had this problem before,  only appeared since the last version.
all my files are clean and there are no other older settings that may conflict

Any tips on solving this?

Thanks

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Max Mugen,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. This seems like an expected behavior & known limitation.
@Monika Gause, can you please confirm? As far as I know, export for screen loses settings on closing Illustrator.

Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/44213187-fix-ex...) and adding your comment there?

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Anshul_Saini
Thank you for your response. 

""This seems like an expected behavior & known limitation. As far as I know, export for screen loses settings on closing Illustrator."" 

Oh really? 
Well, this is the first time for me and never had this issue before. Export for screen has always kept my preferences, regardless of closing the program or shutting down the computer. It would even pass on after updates. on rare occasions, after a crash, for example, it would be necessary to set the input again. 
To give a time reference, I'm using extensively AI for 10+ years. Weird 🙂

UserVoice sent 

Thanks 

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines