• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Just Artboard Contents -> Export for Screens

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm building a 3D jersey editor. I use illustrator to do my jersey textures for my 3D model (artboard on left of first screenshot). I want illustrator to automatically create SVG format wide thumbnail and a small thumbnail (artboards highlighted in green in the middle and the right) of the jersey design that can be used on my website. The thumbnails are populated by the assets from the 3D texture using a transform on the jersey elements that is copied 2 twice.

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 12.49.11 PM.png

When I "Export for Screens", I want ONLY the art WITHIN the bounds of the artboard to be exported, however Illustrator exports ALL of the art assets for each artboard (second screenshot).

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 12.53.02 PM.png

There do not appear to be any artboard options available in the SVG export flow. However, in the Export for Screens flow, Illustrator has the exact thumbnails represented that I'm looking to achieve (third screenshot)!

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 12.56.58 PM.png

I've tried to add a Mask, but because the texture is transformed over it's not working as expected (if I put a mask around the middle artboard where the green outline currently is, the background textures totally disappear because they are outside of the mask bounds on the right artboard).

What can I do to get Illustrator to export the thumbnails as desired?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still can't figure this out! Anyone able to provide any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found that in my searches myself... look slike they can't export to SVG at all... I can. I'm able to save SVG, but not able to limit the exported file to the size of the artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure my issue is a bug as well. I'm working around it for now using clip path code on my website. Annoying but not a terrible work around. I'm logging a bug with Adobe right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm having similar issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is STILL an issue November 2021 - why wouldn't they include cropping to artboards in their Export for Screens? This is inexcusable for that feautre … i've lost hours trying to work around this and can't find a solution … going to try and export it to Figma which at least works 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines