• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extreme lag when simply selecting object - Macbook Pro M1 Max

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing extreme lag in Illustrator on my Macbook Pro M1 Max with 32GB of RAM.

When using the selection tool to simply click objects, there is an extreme amount of lag and delay.

Please watch the attached video to see this lag in action. When selecting an object I often get the spinning wheel. After clicking an object to select it, and then moving the mouse, the object gets dragged to a new location.

If I drag a selection over the object, or click and drag the objects, they function correctly without lag.

Can anyone help me? I don't know what else to do. I've restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled, and disabled GPU Performance. No luck.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply! I hadn't had a chance to respond to this thread until now, but I figured out the issue.

I use a window maximizing tool called RightZoom. It turns the green fullscreen/zoome button on the Mac into a Windows-like maximizing button. I realized this might be the case after seeing this related post (not sure how this thread didn't come up in my search!). After disabling BetterTouchTool, and the Window Snapping functionality within it, the issue persisted. It was then

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can contact Customer Care so they can have a look into your system.

Did you run the Adobe Cleaner tool after uninstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Ramzi Cox,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• The exact version of the OS and Illustrator
  • Since when are you facing this problem?
  • Have any recent changes been made to your computer (OS Update/ Antivirus/ Plug-Ins)?
  • Is it acting this way with some specific files? If yes, kindly share the link to download the file here or via DM.
  • Where is the file located (Internal/External/Network drive)?
  • Did you use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to uninstall and then re-install Illustrator? If not, kindly check if it makes a difference.

Also, kindly try running Illustrator under the root user account and share your observations with us.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Anubhav Majumder

I face exctaly the same issue but I don't use any apps or plugin such as RightZoom or Multitouch...
I've also tried restarting, uninstalling, reinstalling, and using Adobe cleaner tool, no result.

Could you help me?

Thanks,

Romane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Romane A.,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying to run Illustrator under a different admin user account (Windows/macOS) and checking if it helps?
If the issue persists, kindly share some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator installed on your computer and system configuration (CPU/GPU/Memory, Display(s)).

Also, check if Illustrator behaves this way with all files, and share a screen recording of the problem so that we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Anubhav Majumder,

I've just tried to run Illustrator under a different user account but the problem still persists.

And yes it behaves like this with all files, even is there is only a rectangle.

Here are the information:

• Chip: Apple M1 Max
  • Memory: 32 GB
  • Display: Built-in Liquid Retina XDR Display, Resolution: 3456 x 2234 Retina
  • Illustrator: 27.2

I'll send you a screen recording.

Thank you for your help,

Romane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact problem, and like the above poster have no other enhancements or 3rd party software running.  This suddenly started happening yesterday and it's terrible.  I HAD been running the latest version of illustrator but have been stepping back in creative cloud to try to find a legacy version that actually works.  27.4 and 27.3.1 both have this issue.  Doesn't matter if it is a large file or a completely blank new document with only a single square drawn on it- there is a 10 second lag from when I click until when illustrator actually registers it.  I guarantee whatever screenshot Romane sends will be identical to what I'm seeing.   PLEASE follow up here with any potential solutions I use illustrator professionally and this is stopping my ability to even use the software.

• MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) Monterey 12.6.3
  • 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
  • 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
  • AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @NerdyDog,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying to run Illustrator under a different administrator account (Windows / macOS) and checking if it helps?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced the same issue as you, and I have resolved the problem by disabling the app "Multitouch" (I use it for some quick gestures). Check if apps like that are running on your system. They can potentially cause the problem.

Hope this helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply! I hadn't had a chance to respond to this thread until now, but I figured out the issue.

I use a window maximizing tool called RightZoom. It turns the green fullscreen/zoome button on the Mac into a Windows-like maximizing button. I realized this might be the case after seeing this related post (not sure how this thread didn't come up in my search!). After disabling BetterTouchTool, and the Window Snapping functionality within it, the issue persisted. It was then I realized I did in fact use another window modifier program - RightZoom. I set up an exclusion rule within it, and presto-chango, the issue is now gone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Magnet and it was doing the same thing. Disabling it got rid of this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Same situation here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! TY. PS. You can also set Magnet to Ignore AI to the same effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been experiencing the same issue for a few months now and today i decided i needed to find a solution. The solution here worked for me, Magnet was running and as soon i selected Ignore Illustrator, the issue was instantly resolved. A little annoying that I cant use Magne with Illustrator as i do often use it to resize windows. Oh well, better than nothing. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exact same problem.
Please fix this issue... quiet annoying while working......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. disabling Magnet fixed the problem. 
It seems like there is a conflict with a bunch of second-party apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines