• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill/Stroke presets and Color/Color Guide tabs don't give actual black whether in RGB or CMYK

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Black copy.jpg

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how do you get actual black?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm saying when I click the presets that are supposed to be black I get this reddish gray that you see in the photo. So I have to move the little circle picker down till I get actual black, every time regardless of mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which document profile did you use? How did you make the RGB file? Selecting it from the color mode menu or by choosing a Web/Mobile/Film document profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I figured it out. I had to change my default fill and stroke colors by creating and saving a new Graphic Style and over writing what was there. Thanks for all the suggestions. Article here:
https://www.stickergiant.com/blog/adobe-illustrator-tutorial-how-to-change-the-default-fill-and-outl...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines