• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitchy selection/move issues with 26.1 update

Participant ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm noticing a new bug with the 26.1 update, though it's hard to articulate so please bear with me.

Somewhat frequently, when moving an object via click/drag, illustrator will kind of glitch out and snap the object to some nonexistent points. (Yes, I've checked all of my snap/grid/etc settings; this is a brand new issue since the update).

Similarly, when moving/scaling artboards, the same kind of glitchy behavior occurs, although with the addition of randomly deselecting my selection.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Hi All,

I am glad to inform you this issue has been fixed in our latest release Illustrator v26.5.

Please feel free to reach out if the issue persists after updating.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

could you attach a short video, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to record video. Even though it's happening somewhat frequently (maybe a few times an hour), it's not predictable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm betting we have the same issue. (another problem with Illustrator to tolerate)

Seems to be easier to trigger when constraining the move (shift) but will happen on a simple click-drag or option-drag (to copy).

Sometimes the object will be visible while you drag it (normal and correct). Others it will disappear. 

Never an issue with 26.0.3.

MacOS 12.2.1
Mac Mini M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup that's it exactly. Will update my post with my own specs as well:
MacOS 11.6.4

MacBook Pro Retina mid-2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same behavior on two identical machines.

Went back to 26.0.3. What a pain that is. Preferences scattered all over the place. Thanks adobe.

Glitchy behavior gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs:
MacOS 11.6.4

MacBook Pro Retina mid-2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anshul_Saini  would you be able to look into this? I would be super appreciative! It's causing a major headache for myself and others. And I really can't revert back to previous version; last time I did that I lost crucial settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Derek Holiman & @udderball,

Sorry for the trouble. Multiple users have reported this issue. We have logged a bug with the product team, and they have started investigating the issue. I would request you to share a few details like:

• Please confirm the exact version of macOS
  • Please confirm you are running Illustrator v26.1
  • Please confirm you are using Apple Magic Mouse
  • Is this issue replicable if you revert to an older version of Illustrator?

Also, I would request you to upvote the following UserVoice if not done already.
(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/44914921-v26-1-...)

Please share this information. It would be really helpful for us.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Note: Marking this as correct to highlight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saini

All of the answers to every question you asked are here if you or anyone else at adobe would simply read.

NEVERTHERLESS HERE WE GO.

MAC MINI M1 16GB

MACOS 12.2.1 MONTEREY

MAGIC MOUSE (NO WACOM OR THIRD PARTY INPUT DEVICE/DRIVER)

ILLUSTRATOR 26.1

ILLUSTRATOR 26.0.3 (NO ISSUE WORKS FINE DOWNGRADED AND PROBLEM GOES AWAY)

THIS BEHAVIOR AFFECTS TWO IDENTICAL MACHINES

ADOBE CC PAID IN FULL

`

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the acknowledgement. Do you have any updates on this?

I know you're just one cog in the Adobe machine but some of those cheaper vector design alternatives are starting to look pretty good. Adobe's "you'll own nothing and you'll be happy approach" is getting really old, especially when these updates negatively impact the most basic functions of the software. For the foreseeable future, us lowly users are forced to pay rent for a tool that continuously degrades and experiences more and more issues as a result of it's cloud-based nature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get updates I would recommend that you vote on the thread in Uservoice. That is the place where the developers will give you updates. And also ask further questions. They need to be able to reproduce it in order to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @udderball @Derek Holiman,

We are sorry for the trouble. The product team is working hard on this, and the fix will be released with the next update.
The + sign icon while dragging the object in Illustrator only happens with the Apple Magic mouse.

I would request you all to upvote this UserVoice if not done already, and please be patient & stay tuned for the updates.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini, is the official 26.2 build released yet? I'm seeing it noted on some official Adobe sites but it's not available via CC.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/fixed-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/mena_en/illustrator/using/whats-new/2022-2.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @udderball,

Thanks for reaching out. We are doing a phase rolled out. It will be available in the CC desktop app probably by early next week.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @udderball @Derek Holiman,

I am glad to inform you that this issue has been fixed in the latest Illustrator update, v26.2.1, released yesterday. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

I am glad to inform you this issue has been fixed in our latest release Illustrator v26.5.

Please feel free to reach out if the issue persists after updating.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines