• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you save a brush?

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I edit a brush on a new artboard, I can use it as I want it to be, but after I close the document (not saving document) it deletes the brush, too. I am new to using Illustrator and am just exploring my drawing tablet with it. Should I be creating the brush in a different way if I want to be able to use it all the time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

How to work with brushes in Illustrator

Create new brush libraries

• Add the brushes you want to the Brushes panel, and delete any brushes you don’t want.
  • Choose Save Brush Library from the Brushes panel menu, and place the new library file in one of the following folders so that it will appear in the Brush Libraries menu when you restart Illustrator:
    • (Windows) User/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator <version number> Settings/Brushes
    • (Mac OS) Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator <ve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to work with brushes in Illustrator

Create new brush libraries

• Add the brushes you want to the Brushes panel, and delete any brushes you don’t want.
  • Choose Save Brush Library from the Brushes panel menu, and place the new library file in one of the following folders so that it will appear in the Brush Libraries menu when you restart Illustrator:
    • (Windows) User/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator <version number> Settings/Brushes
    • (Mac OS) Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator <version number> Settings/Brushes
    NOTE:Replace <version number>  with the following values, depending on the version of Illustrator that you have installed on your system. For more information, see Replace Illustrator version number.

Note:If you place the file in a different folder, you can open the library by choosing Window > Brush Libraries > Other Library and selecting the library file.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.png

I save them with the system brushes,  in a separate folder

You can add brushes you have downloaded there too

eg here on windows:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator \Presets\en_GB\Brushes

Wherever you save them back them up too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default, brushes are stored with the document, so you will lose the brush (and symbols and graphic styles and swatches) when you close without saving.

Ray’s method is good; be sure not to save new brushes with the same name and overwrite the previous file. The file you save when you save brushes is an .ai file, which can be opened and new brushes can be added to it.

All Illustrator files are immediately libraries even if they are not saved as libraries. In a new file, choose Open Brush Library from the panel menu and point to the file that has the brush you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

drag the brush you have created into brushes panel and you will have the following options.

Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 13.49.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines