Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the color of a QR code?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have a blue QR code. I'm trying to make the blue in this image pitch black. The white background obviously needs to stay white. I tried converting it to grayscale and then adjusting the color balance but this colores my white background as well. 

This is probably really easy but I'm a newbie and can't figure it out. Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Kimberly

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

You can make QR codes in InDesign, Object> Generate QR code, export to PDF, place the PDF into your Illustrator file. You can make it any color you like.

QR code color.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: 

The image is quite low quality which is why I can't simply convert it to monochrome. Because the boundries of the colores are blurry and Illustrator doesn't know where each color begins and ends. I exported my own QR code from https://www.qrcode-monkey.com and exported it in SVG. This solves my issue. If any of you know how to do this in Illustrator, please let me know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count the squares and then let Object > Make Object mosaic vectorize it. Works well with QR codes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make QR codes in InDesign, Object> Generate QR code, export to PDF, place the PDF into your Illustrator file. You can make it any color you like.

QR code color.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That barely took me 5 seconds. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to change colours after a QR code is generated. 

I made one which is black but I want a white one of the same code too so that I can use it when I am using a black background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit menu > Edit Colors > Invert Colors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. When I was looking to post this question, this thread came up. Didn't realise it was for Illustrator.

My quetion was for InDesign since that is were we can generate QR codes. Unless there is a way in Illustrator too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might be plugins and scripts, such as this: https://github.com/dstreet/IllustratorQR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new swatch, call it White, apply it to the InDesign QR code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are providing a solution, please be specifc.

Do I create a colour? In that case isnt white already there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your question is still about InDesign?

Select the QR Code on the page. Go to Object > Edit QR Code

Go to the color tab

Change the color.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/generate-qr-code.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes still about InDesign.

Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I create one QR.(Now this is fine. White QR code/Black BG).

BT_EX_Black_QR_White_BG.png

The issue comes when I try to change the colours. Eg: I tried to change the colour from black to white. 

This is what I get.

BT_EX_White_QR__BG.png

I know nothing is visible. The QR code is changed to white but the background is white too.

In the link you provided it says by default the background is transparent which would be awesome but for me the background always comes as white. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ask about that in the InDesign forum.

You could try and select the frame and set it to the color none. But there might be something special or some bug or whatever. I'm only creating QR codes once in a blue moon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that. Not working. 

Anyway. Not that important. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no InDesign default white swatch, you can use [Paper], but this is not good practice, as [Paper] is used to simulate the paper stock color and any color added to it will not print (or export).

You won't see a white QR code on a white background (or a black QR code on a black background), but you can edit a QR code (Object> Edit QR code) to any swatch you like and also change the background color by selecting it and applying a swatch color. Create your QR code without first selecting an object, or the QR code will be anchored to the object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to change the colors and add a logo via https://qr.curiouspenguins.com. I just wish I had some stats to show. Does anyone know how to get stats too? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you can point out in detail what you mean by "stats"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple steps 

Import qr code in to the Photoshop

Go to adjustments and select hua saturation and decrease black to white in the below option 

This is simple to black to white dont take more stress about this.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@rsltd22329335t479  schrieb:

Simple steps 

Import qr code in to the Photoshop

Go to adjustments and select hua saturation and decrease black to white in the below option 

This is simple to black to white dont take more stress about this.

Thanks 

The thread is already marked solved. And Photoshop is not part of the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines