Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the colour of an icon

Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have download icons from the web. The icons have a transparent background. As you can see in the example, the outline icons are black. Can I change the colour of the outline to white in Illustrator or Photoshop? In Illustrator, I tried to change the background or the lines without any changes. The icons are in eps format. Thank you.

Voicemail.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

https://forums.adobe.com/people/bernard+andr%C3%A9l93184018  wrote

I need to open a new file first and then place the downloaded eps in it?

no, that is what it appears as if you have already done.

in your screenshot, there is a file open ('Untitled-1') with a placed EPS file in it ('user.eps').

if you open the EPS directly, one would expect to see the EPS filename ('user.eps') in the tab at the top of the document.

but you say this happens regardless of how you open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what can you see in the layers panel and appearance panel with an object select in illustrator? show us if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, this is a screen shop with the layer window opened.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 11.13.58.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you opened a new illustrator file and placed the EPS in it? why not open the EPS directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to open a new file first and then place the downloaded eps in it? If I click on the eps file and "open with​" Illustrator. The result is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/bernard+andr%C3%A9l93184018  wrote

I need to open a new file first and then place the downloaded eps in it?

no, that is what it appears as if you have already done.

in your screenshot, there is a file open ('Untitled-1') with a placed EPS file in it ('user.eps').

if you open the EPS directly, one would expect to see the EPS filename ('user.eps') in the tab at the top of the document.

but you say this happens regardless of how you open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I do a Control/Command+Y, I see an outline go the graphic. When you say "open the eps directly", do you mean select the file with finder and click of the file? If I open the file with Illustrator, I have the same result, If I double click, I get a window with the graphic in PDF. Indeed, I have a tab with name.eps but I don't know what is the next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you guys. It works and it is what I wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernard,

Or what can you see if you Ctrl/Cmd+Y to toggle between Outline and Preview?

It you are looking at one or more empty boxes you have raster image(s), better to use Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernard,

As suggested above by dougofakkad​, why don't you open the EPS file directly in Illustrator, instead of placing it in another file. it will give you more opportunity to edit the content.

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines