• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create single colour design from image?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to convert the attached image to a single colour vector to be printed on a clear media at large scale. The blue being black, the white being transparent. I'd like to keep the shading and details as much as possible. Is there an easy way to do this or will I need to create thousands of shapes on top of the black with a white to black gradient simulating transparency (only printing the black).

I tried playing in photoshop to extract the shapes (upping contrast, using colour picker selection, etc.) but couldn't get a detailed enough result.

Any advice would be appreciated before I spend hours going over it.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unless you realyl want to ruin your life for the next few weeks re-creating all the subtle gradients this is nothing anyone would print as a vector. I did a simple Image --> Calculations (Red + Green, Add) in PS and a Curves adjustment and got this:

1 (1) copy.png

This would be plenty to work with for all sorts of print tasks. I would probably paint out a few of the smaller details so it doesn't look like they are glitches, but otherwise this image can easily be recolored, converted into alls sort of halftone patterns and so on and withz some further processing, an image trace and some manually drawn paths it would probably also work for vinyl cutting to some degree.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines