• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help to create a professional logo for my snake breeding buisness

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will show you a few photos of professional logos from a logo designer. I do not own these logos and I don't want to copy them. But for exanple, you can see super high realistic stone rings around the logo, or wood rings, and I have absolutely no clue how to do this. I have some experience tho with Illustrator, Photoshop, Photoshop Express, light room. But I want to do a logo like one of those, with maybe a realistic stone ring, my own snakes in the ring and the name of my logo (***REPTILES) in the middle, with the snakes head reaching over so it looks like they would come out of the screen. I show you some examples. Can anybody please help me or send me a youtube link where I can see how to do this?

Thank youu very much in advance

Greetings Kate

Photos as reference on what I take my inspiration from are just under the text. Please help me

IMG_8950.JPGIMG_8924.JPGIMG_8914.JPGIMG_8919.JPGIMG_8928.JPGIMG_8927.JPGIMG_8916.JPGIMG_8918.JPGIMG_8925.JPGIMG_8929.JPGREPTILES) in the middle, with the snakes head reaching over so it looks like they would come out of the screen. I show you some examples. Can anybody please help me or send me a youtube link where I can see how to do this?

Thank youu very much in advance

Greetings Kate

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

I see a 3D rendered gecko in there, photo cutouts which you would need to create in Photoshop, anyway and most other effects look like ripped off tutorials for beveled/ embossed text with wood and grungy textures, again mostly done in Photoshop. You can find tutorials for each individual sub-step, but you won't find any five hour instructions or whatever explaining the whole workflow. Parts of it certainly could be done in Illustrator and you will find tutorials for that  like this one that popp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a 3D rendered gecko in there, photo cutouts which you would need to create in Photoshop, anyway and most other effects look like ripped off tutorials for beveled/ embossed text with wood and grungy textures, again mostly done in Photoshop. You can find tutorials for each individual sub-step, but you won't find any five hour instructions or whatever explaining the whole workflow. Parts of it certainly could be done in Illustrator and you will find tutorials for that  like this one that popped up in a 3 second web search:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR1K1YmUNZw

The rest is just understanding how to put the techniques to use and combine them.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these examples is a "professional logo".

Imagine them on a business card in 3 cm diameter - you won't be able to read anything on them and you probably couldn't even tell the snakes apart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“None of these examples is a "professional logo"”

Agreed. Those are absolutely shocking.†

@MARIE-LOUISE25797951qdth: Here’s a couple good logo design how-tos:

https://www.feelingpeaky.com/5-principles-of-logo-design

https://99designs.co.uk/blog/logo-branding/principles-of-logo-design

And here’s a good how-not-to, as understanding what makes a logo design bad is also important:

https://blog.hubspot.com/insiders/logo-design-tips

Also, please don’t spam forum tags. Your post is relevant to Draw and design, How to,  and possibly Tools, and Type. It has absolutely nothing to do with Bug, Feature requestImport and export, Performance, Print and publish, Scripting, SDK, Sync and storage, Third party plugins. (The rest of us already have C++ and ES3 to make our eyes bleed; we don’t need bad art as well.)

--

† Except maybe in Vegas, where “absolutely shocking” is the de facto standard and Paul Rand would get laughed out of the room.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these examples is a "professional logo".

And there I was, restraining myself. 🙂 You took the words out of my mouth. Yes, they are just T-Shirt artwork designs and the "artist" is simply repeating his shtick over and over with minor variations.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the examples is actually a logo, but in any case Mylenium offered as good a response as you'll get. The example graphics you posted are the result of multiple techniques executed in concert by a skilled and somewhat self-indulgent artist. If you were to adopt a graphic in this style as your "brand," you would soon encounter difficult and expensive reproduction issues and limited application potential.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nah bro. reproduction is easy. just live trace it, and boom you've got a vector image.

so easy. 

\s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines