Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Illustrator 2022 26.0.1 crashes on exit. EVERYTIME.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wasnt happening on the previous version. This only began the minute I updated. I've reset the prefernces and still nothing. I'm on the latest build for Windows 10 Pro, 21H1, OS build 19043.1348, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Dont even need to have opened a file. Open the app, close the app it freezes.

Only way to close it is Ending the Process through task manager.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021
Thanks guys, but I can't take credit. It was a Youtube video I found trying to fix something else turns out it fixed the Illustrator issue too.  https://youtu.be/kenAIsJEyJU Figured I'd post what worked for me. Glad it helped. 

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. I would request you to submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html).
While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

unfortunately the crash report from adobe doesnt even come out. Only reporting to microsoft. Might be a Windows problem but the version before was not crashing.

My win version:

Win 10 Pro

Best regards,

Antonios.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Any word as to why this is.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care. They can login to your computer: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to request customer care login to my pc?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact them via the chat in the bottom right of the page I linked.

You need to be logged into your account in order to use it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as well.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer Care can login to your system to figure this out: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off  "Share information on how I use Adobe desktop apps. & Allow my content to be analyzed by Adobe using machine learning techniques." under your account, security, privacy. Voila no more freezing issues with AI

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an update. Fixing the LogTransport2 error I would get on shutting down/rebooting my PC it apprently has the stopped the freez on exit i was getting with Illustrator. 

I turned off  "Share information on how I use Adobe desktop apps. & Allow my content to be analyzed by Adobe using machine learning techniques." under your account, security, privacy. Voila no more freezing issues with AI and no more LogTransport2 error on rebbot. 2 birds one stone. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mate! Finally a perfect and working answer!!! Thanks, this worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you geu26, you’re amazing!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys, but I can't take credit. It was a Youtube video I found trying to fix something else turns out it fixed the Illustrator issue too. 🙂 https://youtu.be/kenAIsJEyJU

Figured I'd post what worked for me. Glad it helped. 

Steps to Fix Logtransport2 Error on Shutdown in Windows 10, Fix LogTransport2.exe Error The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines