• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2022 Save For Web Window Is Broken

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently when I try to save for Web the windows opens up at maximum size with nothing showing on the right hand side. I shrink the window and the settings show up partially. I cannot get it to show all of the settings.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks

SaveForWebProblem.jpg

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Hi @SOE-TAMPA_Joh23699215n649,

Sorry for the trouble. In addition to @marliton suggestion, you may try the following steps:

• Change the UI scaling from Illustrator preferences to small.
  • For MAC
    • Close all Adobe applications.
    • Go to the following locations
    • ~/Library/Caches
    • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
    • ~/Library/Preferences
    • Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

I was experiencing the same problem. I work with 2 monitors and a laptop, when I opened the save for web it opened on my right hand monitor and I couldn't see the tools on the right hand side. When I contracted the window the tools would appear but not enough. I moved the window to the left hand monitor which fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Please try:

1.  Window > Workspace > Reset.
  2. Resetting the preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/user-guide.html/no/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.ug.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gave it a try. Still having an issue with it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SOE-TAMPA_Joh23699215n649,

Sorry for the trouble. In addition to @marliton suggestion, you may try the following steps:

• Change the UI scaling from Illustrator preferences to small.
  • For MAC
    • Close all Adobe applications.
    • Go to the following locations
    • ~/Library/Caches
    • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
    • ~/Library/Preferences
    • Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old
    • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.
  • Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app if not done previously.

Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:

Anshul_Saini_0-1648164824298.png

• For Windows
    - Close all Adobe applications.

- Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
    - Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator - 24 Settings.old

Disclaimer: Please note that renaming preferences folders will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will
    launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. The location is mentioned above.

• Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app if not done previously.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearing out Illustrator and reinstalling it worked. I am now able to see the whole panel.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am grateful for the fix, but I keep on having to reset my preferences. Is there a fix in the works for this?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to regularly reset the preferences, then something more deeply is wrong. So maybe you want to check the harddisk for errors and maybe you need to uninstall and reinstall Illustrator. You could also contact Customer Care and have them take a look into the system. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experiencing the same problem. I work with 2 monitors and a laptop, when I opened the save for web it opened on my right hand monitor and I couldn't see the tools on the right hand side. When I contracted the window the tools would appear but not enough. I moved the window to the left hand monitor which fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the exact same setup - and had the same experience as you. My laptop is in the center, with a larger screen on each side. As soon as I move the window to another monitor, it was as it should be. Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked for me. Thanks for your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines