• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 26.3.1 Windows 10 Freeze on Home Screen

New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything I could to fix it. The previous two versions weren't responding either. Some days, it won't go beyond the welcome screen, other days, it stops responding when I press Ctrl+C > Ctrl+Shift+V and/or Shift+Tab. It also stops responding to other unspecific instances. It had been working fine a couple months ago. It suddenly starting having issues.

It's very frustrating. Please help.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Hello @Gunveen Kaur,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) and sharing your observations.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article.

Looking forward t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Gunveen Kaur,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) and sharing your observations.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's been about 10 months since this issue arised. Thank you for your response. The issue got resolved by updating my drivers and the Illustrator application. But now I'm facing the same issues again and the aforementioned hacks haven't resolved them.

I've reset preferences, updated everything required. It's becoming increasingly hard to work on Illustrator with these bugs.

I would really appreciate more support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could contact Customer Care and have them log into your system to check it out: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Gunveen Kaur,

We understand how frustrating it can be to continually experience the same problem. Would you mind trying the following steps and checking if it helps:

• Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
  • Rename the UXP folder to UXP.old
  • Relaunch Illustrator

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Thank you for your response.

I followed your instructions, it worked for about a week. Now I am facing the same issue again 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I have updated Illustrator to the latest version while trying to rectify the issue again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anubhav Majumder could you please respond to the aforementioned issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Gunveen Kaur,

Sorry to hear that the problem resurfaced and for the delayed response. It looks like we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines