Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC Crashes on Launch

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm having trouble running Illustrator CC. After downloading it from Creative Cloud, it launches properly (I see the splash screen), and then after about a second or two, it crashes ("Adobe Illustrator CC has stopped working..."). No other Adobe products have this issue - Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, etc. all run fine, it's only Illustrator. It happens when I run the 32-bit and 64-bit versions. I thought maybe the installation was corrupted so I uninstalled Illustrator, restarted the computer a few times, and then reinstalled, but I'm still running into this. I've also tried signing in and out of Creative Cloud, per other help threads I've found.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB ram, 3.4 GHz Intel i7 processor.

Let me know if I can provide any further information - any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 116 Replies 116
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome, Happy to hear that

With Best Regards,

Raghuveer Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raghuveer

I've tried both #1 and #2.

Illustrator now launches when I disable the graphics card driver. But the driver is also up to date.

What does this mean in the long term? that I have to disable the driver every time I want to use Illustrator?

And what implications would th\t have on other progams that I may be using when multitasking?

Is there a fix for this? As I don't think disabling the driver is the long-term solution: it's sort of like dealing with the symptom instead of the problem.

Thanks

Nat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Natcato,

Great to hear that AI CC is launching succesfully. You can now enable the graphic cards driver and start using AI CC for long term also. You need not to disable the geaphic card on every AI CC launch.

But remember that if you delete AI CC preferences than you have to follow this step again.

With Best Regards,

Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raghuveer

No. because when I then enable the garphics card driver the same thing happens again. it crashes with the same message as before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nat,

I will update you once I hear back from the DEV team, I will also update the team with your new finding.

Thanks for the extended help, I appreciate this.

With Best Regards,

Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same problem as OP. When I disabled the graphics card, I was able to launch AI without it crashing on startup. However, when I tried enabling the graphics card again and re-launching AI, my whole computer crashed. I restarted my PC and am back to square one- AI is crashing on startup again. I have the AMD Radeon R9 200 Series, and the drivers are up to date.

edit: I have Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issue with illustrator... Also when I try to print from Photoshop CC it gives me the error "adobe photoshop cc has stopped working"

I do not know how to do what you have described above with the graphics card...

please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Pickle123

go to the start menu

select control panel

select device manager

click on display adaptors (it should drop down)

My one is AMD M880G (window 7)

When you right click on it it gives you the option to disable it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not help...It made everything on my computer huge but when I tried to launch illustrator...same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read some earlier posts and someone mentioned something about a third party plug in...

My problems started when I tried to upgrade from trial version of illustrator to paid version of illustrator.. At the same time i tried to install silhouette connect which is a plug in that can be used with adobe illustrator...

I did uninstall and reinstall the plug in but on the second install it did not ask for the license key (indicating to me that there is still part of the original install somewhere)

Maybe this information helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pickle,

If you have installed any third party plug-ins than you may remove them directly from the AI CC installed folder. You can search them at location:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC (64 Bit)\Plug-ins

If this doesn't resolve the issue than please send me the crash dump file as mentioned in my one of the previous post on this thread.

With Best Regards,

Raghuveer Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder says scp_cc7 and when I click on it, it references the silhoutte...is that the one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the plug in...still getting error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pickle, please send me the crash dump file. Once I analyze that dump file I will update you.

With Best Regards,

Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am following the steps above for creating a dump file but there is nothing with the extension "illustrator.dmp"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe shame on you, you have this issue since 4 years now, and still can't fix it.

Anyway, after I tried a million things (device, cleaner, corrupt fonts...) ONE thing solved my problem.

Some one above mentioned to remove the printers (thanks buddy) I did that.

And now it works ... holy SHIT, WHY? Just WHY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I found the file but it says "windows cannot open this fil..." how shall i proceed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting really frustrated. Now I am getting the same error in photoshop when trying to print

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting really frustrated. Now files that I have been using in photoshop are now giving me this error when trying to print...

-

Raghuveer Singh Bhunwal <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Raghuveer Singh Bhunwal created the discussion

"Re: Illustrator CC Crashes on Launch"

To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6005421#6005421

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you recieve the crash dump file that i sent you? I am getting really frustrated now because i am now getting the error when trying to print in photoshop as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pickle,

Just so you know, it is about 3:30AM where Raghuveer is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this info. I am new to the forum and there is no where this is indicated with regard to time zones. Raghuveer was answering me right along so I did not know. As a matter of fact when I post it indicates that I am posting 4 hours earlier than I really am. Do you know where I would go to get real time answers or talk with tech that I could get something done in a timely fashion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pickle,

We are spread (more or less) all the way round.

The default forum time is PST (PDT in the summer), and I believe it is convenient to keep that. Most staff (you can see the staff tag) taking part here are 13½ hours earlier that (9½ hours earlier than you).

For urgent help, you may try Customer Care (tick I Still Need Help and hope for an agent available for a chat),

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=illustrator&topic=downloading-installing-and-setting-up

or Customer Support by phone, which may be a long wait, and usually comes at a price, and many issues are referred here in any case.

http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/adobe-connect-phone-numbers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pickle,

Take a backup of scp_cc7 and remove it from the AI CC installation location. Then launch AI CC.

Regards,

Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines