• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashing after installing the latest version 2022 (26.0)

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just designing a little ad with one photo - jeepers! Anyone else having this issue?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

I updated to the latest version now available - 26.0.1 - and it has now stopped crashing. Thank you for fixing the bugs, Adobe team — would be great if next time you could QA a little better before releasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Illustrator forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset the preferences when installing?

Have you already rebooted the computer after the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Please confirm the Operating system and its build/version
    • Does it seem to crash after performing a particular action?
    • Where are you placing the images (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
    • Submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html).
      While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.
    • As suggested above by @Monika Gause, does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the crash issue?
      Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Also, You may try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/11394034?pag...) and share your observations with us.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buongiorno, lavoro su un Notebook Asus

Processore Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
RAM installata 16,0 GB (15,8 GB utilizzabile)
Tipo sistema Sistema operativo a 64 bit, processore basato su x64

Edizione Windows 10 Home
Versione 21H1
Build sistema operativo 19043.1288

Il crash avviene dopo pochi minuti dall'avvio e con azioni sempre diverse. Non c'è una in particolare che lo blocca.

Le immagini inserite all'interno del software sono file .psd proveniendi da HDD di sistema e HDD esterno. Ho anche ripristinato le preferenze di sistema ma nulla di fatto. Vi prego di risolvere velocemente. Paghiamo molti soldi per l'abonamento...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot even open Illustrator now. Also when I go to uninstall it, the report is something is running and to close app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, its driving me insane.  I am trying to move a simple placed photoshop image and it keeps crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I would request if you could share the crash report and other details asked above. This will help us find the root cause of the issue and help you accordingly.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reported it. I like many others have list hours of work... which isn't great being a freelancer. I've also reverted back to the previous version. 

just to say, I have recently spent nearly 600 quid on my software license for ONE YEAR.  Yes ONE YEAR. It's an absolute joke, if the software you are supplying is unusable. Sort it out Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Just udated yesterday and now it has crashed 3 times on me already. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to work with the latest version of illustrator for more than a couple minutes before the program randomly crashes. Inititally, I thought this could be a font corruption issue, but I have now tried working with multiple files and performing multiple tasks and the program is still crashing frequently and randomly. I believe this is an inherent issue with the latest release because I have now reverted back to the previous version which works completely fine.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buonasera, anch'io ho riscontrato lo stesso problema. Illustrator 2022 si arresta in modo anomalo qualsiasi cosa faccio, che sia inserimento testo, immagini collegate e non, zoom o spostamento inquadratura di lavoro. Un disastro. Ho perso molte ore di lavoro. Vi prego di risolvere il problema nel più preve tempo possibile.

Grazie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. I'm unable to work with the latest version of illustrator for more than a couple minutes before the program randomly crashes. Inititally, I thought this could be a font corruption issue, but I have now tried working with multiple files and performing multiple tasks and the program is still crashing. I believe this is an inherent issue with the latest release because I have now reverted back to the previous version which works completely fine.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same issues. Illustrator 2022 crashed 12 times within 4 hours of working it. I uninstalled my entire Creative Suite and reinstalled everything and I deleted all of my preferences. None of that worked after reinstalling everything. I lost an entire days worth work because of this crap. This is a very unstable update. So, I reverted back to 25.4.1 until Adobe fixes this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I just lost an hour's worth of exploration work, thanks Adobe. Not even a recovered file. And that wasn't the first time it's crashed. I'm going back to the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Permanent Crashes. Very annoying, very frustrating, lost at least 2-3 working hours because of it since i updated a few days ago.

I am working on Print Files, i need to import a lot of different file formats which are stored in a Network, it seems like it is crashing a lot because of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just had 6 crashes in a row... wtf adobe

Illustrator is critical business software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Higly recommend not saving in 26.0 - revert to 25.xxxx  and turn off auto update until adobe can stop dropping major buggy beta versions on us and testing them at our expense.... not cool adobe.

I can't even log a crash report with your latest 26.0 - please fix and notify your faithful clientelle when its done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am having this issue. It's crashed 5 times already with no popup to send a report or anything. It just closes. At the very least it's given me recovered files, but this is incredibly annoying. I'm going to do what others have done and revert to the previous version. Adobe please fix this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confrim crashing as well. Reverting to the older version (25.4.1) seems to have helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see responses to revert to the old version. How do I do that? The update happened automatically for me over the weekend, now I can't do my job. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into the creative cloud under all apps, You should see the previous version of illustrator listed, just redownload it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I would request you all to please confirm which operating system (Exact version of Windows/ MAC) is this?
Also, please submit the crash logs by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html.

While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Once done, please try installing version 26.0.1 from the prerelease section and check if that helps resolve this issue.

Here are the steps:

1. If you are not already part of the Illustrator Prerelease program, then please click this link to join the prerelease - https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713
  2. Accept Prerelease Agreement
  3. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop and look for Prerelease in the Apps section.
  4. Install/Update to Illustrator Prerelease 26.0.1 (This will not replace the existing installation of Release build of Illustrator)

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Macbook Pro 2018, Big Sur 11.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"m on a mac desktop, macOS big sur, 11.6

Constant crashing. I am trying the pre-release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines