• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crashing after installing the latest version 2022 (26.0)

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just designing a little ad with one photo - jeepers! Anyone else having this issue?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

I updated to the latest version now available - 26.0.1 - and it has now stopped crashing. Thank you for fixing the bugs, Adobe team — would be great if next time you could QA a little better before releasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of craching with 2022 version so refverted back to 2021 now and its fine.

Im working on a Late 2015 imac running Big Sur V11.6

Wouldnt even let me report the crash because it kept restarting my mac.

Please have a look at supporting the older macs if this is the problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10 pro. There is no option to send a crash report when it crashes. It just freezes then eventually closes on it's own. 
I followed the pre-release instructions and still only see 26.0 which I was automatically updated to that doesn't work. 

I also do not see in creative cloud where I can re-download the old version. I uninstalled and re-installed and the only option is the new version. 

Very frustrating.. I'm guessing that the same thing will happen the next time that I try to use Photoshop and Premier Pro? I use both of those regularly too and both also automatically updated. 

I definitely don't have time for this and I know that no one else does either!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @LyndsieS,

Please try the below suggestions to see the prerelease version in the Creative Cloud Desktop app Prerelease section:

• "Check for Updates" option in the Updates section of the Creative Cloud Desktop app.
  • If you have not signed into adobeprerelese.com recently, then sign in and accept Prerelease Agreement.
  • Make sure you are using the same Adobe ID in Creative Cloud as the one used to join prerelease.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having issues after updating to 26.0.1 this morning. Illustrator won't open. When I try to uninstall through creative cloud it won't as it thinks Illustrator is open. Restart computer, uninstall through creative  cloud, reinstall but same issue, will not open.

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried this several tiumes now and CANNOT open Illustrator 2022 ... OR 2021 now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm likewise having issues with this new version of AI (2022).

I have submitted crash reports.

Running on a Macbook Pro (2019) with Big Sur (11.3.1).

And yes I have restarted post-update and since these crashes. 

Trying to do basic tasks in this illustrator document such as moving type and it either crashes or freezes on me. I haven't been able to work more than a few minutes at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

Version 26 crashes every 10 minutes.

Have uninstalled and reverted to v25, which is not that great either.

Both v26 and v25 are SLOW and have problems with the Selection Tool.

I have to make multiple tries in order to get something selected.

Please see attached video file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experiences. I request you all to update the Adobe Illustrator to the latest version (26.0.1) released yesterday and let us know if that helps resolve your issues. You may follow this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html) to do that.

I will be looking forward to your responses.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I apologize immediately for my elementary English. In order to recover time and work I am planning with the 2021 version. Since the problem does not resolve itself I think it is right to have at least a credit or a discount on the next subscription to Creative Cloud or in any case to all subscribers. It seems to me the least that Adobe can do. An answer is awaited...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated this morning and its still doing the same thing. Soi reverted back to 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm since the CS update I had issues with it opening. Today I added the update and now  I cannot even OPEN Illustrator today. I've installed twice with zero help from Adobe except this forum. This is the WORST update I've been a part of and its on MY time. NOT COOL Adobe. Is there a credit departement for lost time due to product issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re earlier post about latest update of Illustrator (26.0.1) not opening, am using Windows 10, have had no problems with previous updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted the computer and unistalled Illustrator without trying to open it. Have installed previous version (26.0) and that seems to be working. Will hold off updating again for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indeed.  these crashes are my time - which in turn is impacting on the work I am freelancing on.
Adobe is really expensive. Ridiculously so - and to put out these clearly untested updates takes the p*ss. I would hope that Adobe are seeking resolution with some kind of credit on our accounts - in turn with sorting this mess out.

The latest update still doesnt work.  I'm Catalina on an 2017 27" imac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the latest version now available - 26.0.1 - and it has now stopped crashing. Thank you for fixing the bugs, Adobe team — would be great if next time you could QA a little better before releasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I'd been having the same problem for several days. Illustrator would sometimes even bring Windows down with it - had to cringe and hold the power button several times. Updating to 26.0.1 didn't end the crashing for me, but since it seemed to for some people, I figured (hoped) the problem might have to do with whatever environment Illustrator's running in. I installed the latest available update preview for Windows (KB5006738) and switched to the Nvidia studio driver instead of the general/gaming version, since the crashes were usually accompanied by the display driver crashing. This seems to have done the trick for me. Has been stable for the last 8 hours or so. Hopefully this will be helpful to at least one other person!

Hardware/OS info in case it's relavent to anyone:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X

Nvidia RTX 3900
Memory: 32.0 GB
Windows 10 Home, build 19043.1320

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also did the update (26.0.1) and it's still crashing for me. I believed this is related to a specific file I'm working with, and I gave it up by creating another file and not using auto-recover. So far I haven't had any crashing, but this is a serious problem as I have many other similar files to close in Illustrator today.

Any guidance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had 18 crashes today, half of which I've reported when it suggested I report it after the crash. I'm simply working on business cards... SMALL BUSINESS CARDS and it's randomly crashing. I'll simply just zoom in to the card and Adobe will freeze and eventually crash. 

I suggest everyone just roll back to v 25.4.1. 

Adobe workers... for your knowledge (tho I don't think it matters, it seems like a very wide-spread problem), here is info:

Running: Adobe Illustrator v 26.0.1
Build 731
Windows Client, Windows 10 Home (never had problems til the 2022 updates)
Crash Type = n/a (says that in the actual error report)

ram=16296
machine="Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz"
model="Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3"
cpuCount="8" cpuType="8664" cpuFreq="2494 MHz"

gpuinfo availability="Running/Full Power"
adapterCompatibility="Intel Corporation"
adapterRAM="1024 MB" caption="Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600" description="Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600" driverDate="20170308000000.000000-000" driverVersion="20.19.15.4624" videoModeDescription="1920 x 1080 x 4294967296 colors"

gpuinfo availability="Running/Full Power"
adapterCompatibility="NVIDIA" adapterRAM="2048 MB" caption="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M" description="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M" driverDate="20161229000000.000000-000" driverVersion="21.21.13.7654" videoModeDescription="3840 x 2160 x 4294967296 colors" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem returned for me after I'd spent a few days away from Illustrator.  I'd played a some games during that time and had made some changes in the nvidia control panel.  When I reverted those changes, Illustrator returned to normal. After a little experimenting, I think g-sync might be causing the problem, at least for me.  When it's enabled, Illustrator gets stuttery shortly after opening and then steadily slows to a crawl.  You might give this a shot if you haven't already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely interesting. I did assume it might have had something to do with my graphic cards because I believe it mentioned that in one of the crashes. My computer is from 2014 -- it was a rather advanced $2,000, 17-inch PC gaming laptop with the latest and greatest specs at the time to handle all my graphic design/video editing - so it's still running quite well 7 years later. Lol. I also run "Clean My PC" regularly and defragment it about once a year. Runs like a champ but I have no doubt I may start seeing software conflicts. It already warned me that I can't do Windows 11 on it. 😞 Thought maybe Adobe might be getting too advanced for my computer as well. I don't really want to buy a whole new computer (when it works just fine) just because newer software can't accomodate parts inside my computer. Hope they don't take away my ability to stay rolled back on 2021 versions. Lol. I've been using the rolled back 2021 version for several days with zero issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem also. My Illustrator keep crashing me and it is really ANNOYING!! 
It crashed me 15 times in one hour today.
But i cannot update my Illustrator to 26.0.1. I can't find the update on my creative cloud neither beta nor launched one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Cola.HoKIKI 
Here's some screen shots to help you find the old versions - they definitely don't put them out in the open to help people out... I'll probably just be rolling on the old stuff for a few months until they introduce another update or 2. Lol. Hope this helps you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines