Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CRITICAL Nvidia card bug

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

my last hope vanished after Illustrator CC 2017 was released. I was hoping, that 2017 version finally fix annoying slow down whole PC bug with nvidia graphic cards. Please can someone from Adobe confirm, that they know about the bug and working on fix? Lots of people suffer from this bug (probably every user with nvidia card).

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And please dont tell us to recreate preference file, dont tell us OOBE crap, dont tell anything about system problem atd.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE PROBLEM IS JUST IN ILLUSTRATOR VS NVIDIA GRAPHIC CARD (DRIVERS/MEMORY LEAK ETC.)

I tried several PC with different nvidia graphic card (from GTX 660 to 1080) all PC have same problem. Whole system is absolutly unusable after 15/30 minutes of work. Even if you create a blank document and moving with mouse in open menus "file, edit, object rtc." fast from left to right after several minutes whole system is getting slugish and unresponsive. Turn off GPU acceleration doesnt help. Only working solution is to enable integrated CPU graphic – which is not good solution.

So Adobe tell us, that you know about the problem and working on fix or cooperate with nvidia engineers. You provide software for professionals and have critical bug with NO.1 graphic card manufacturer for several years. HOW IT IS EVEN POSSIBLE!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Fix for this issue is now available with Illustrator 2017.1.0 update. This update is available in Creative Cloud. Request users with NVidia GPU to update to this release.

-Rama

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 213 Replies 213
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We appreciate you guys! Thank you for looking into this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope it not too late to be told.

My qradro K2200 also have the same problem.

Thanks your kindness

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Sorry to burst the bubble but I am running into the same issue on Win 7.

I can however eliminate the issue by turning GPU Performance off (i know it's not a solution, just a work around)

Specs:

DELL PRECISION M3800

RAM: 16 GB

Processor: Intel Core i7 4702HQ 2.20 GHz

GPU: Quadro k1100M & Intel HD Graphics 4600

System: 64-bit OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Can you please mention your repo steps here or to me in DM. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you pkrist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter.

Experiencing the same slow downs as everyone else on this thread. Not sure if any of this helps, but posted my system specs and average routine below:

Running a 5820K, Asus x99 Pro, Gigabyte 980, 32GB Ram, Samsung 850 for Windows 10 and apps.

Spend about 20-30 minutes or so in illustrator CC (most recent release) before things start to crawl. It's gradual. Font menus might go first (lag) whilst everything else works fine. Then more and more features begin to lag. Select a tool, and takes anywhere between 3 - 15 seconds to display said tool. I can be working on anything from large files with 20+ artboards and loads of layers, to smaller files with one artboard and a few font tests on it. The slow-down affects them both in the same way.

It's unusable and i find that doing a complete system restart helps me get back to work quicker than trying to get illustrator to work.

Worth mentioning that i also run photoshop CC (latest release) at the same time as I have to switch between the two quite often; copying and pasting etc. Nothing too taxing. I think the second most annoying thing about this bug is that it affects the whole system. Windows crawls, and switching between windows, and chrome etc is sloooooow.

Craig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tynwrtynbrnbrsw,

What NVIDIA Display Driver version do you have installed? Are you using the Adobe prerelease build?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Benjamin for sharing your situation.

I had a similar problem for months. My computer i7 g700K with a Gigabyte Z-170 U5 was set up for a year with a similar problem.

Two months ago, the 4th RAM slot didn't work, and I end up replacing the motherboard with an Asus.

The problem remained. I have Photoshop crashing, usually after a break, when the computer goes to sleep. And few hours later, 4-5 hours, the computer slows down.

But no other software is having such a problem. Just Adobe. And the problem seems to occurs with CC 2017, I only tested Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

As I mentioned above I'm experiencing this with the GTX1060 6GB at work, with the latest drivers. Affects all versions of Illustrator back to CC 2014. I can add as well that resizing items in illustrator is extremely sluggish for me with graphics options on.

My Macbook runs an Nvidia card (750m) and works absolutely flawlessly, to note.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

I have this problem in the Illustrator of about a year,

I communicate with months of Adobe With NVIDIA Corporation and every time we want to tell me more time and nothing has changed and the problem is still going on !!

Knowing that I have the experience card is found my screen because I thought that the problem of the graphics card, but the problem remained the same at Illustrator

And continued yesterday with Microsoft and explained to them the problem and they checked my device and did not find any problem ..

And he said to me the problem is in the development program of Illustrator

Adobe abuse with the problem is unacceptable, how they were a year did not able to determine the cause of the problem !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, I also made a video in my thread to show this problem, didn't knew this thread existed. An Adobe employee answered my problem with "we are working together with NVidia on this problem":
My thread: [VIDEO] Illustrator CC 2017 & Windows 10 extremely laggy after 10mins of work
Video: Illustrator CC 2017 & Windows 10 extremely laggy after 10mins of work - YouTube

My Rig:
- 2x GTX 1080

- 64GB RAM

- i7 6900k

- 1TB SSD with whole Adobe Suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem as well. Running a a Lenovo Thinkpad T460P (940MX) and after working for a while, illustator will slow down the whole computer just like @armaganvideos has demonstrated. I'll have to close illustrator (and it looks like it's crashing) and everything will revert back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me with either Illustrator CC 2015.3 or 2017 on Windows 10.

i7-6700

32gb

Wacom intuos 5

Quadro M2000 (one of the cards nvidia recommends for CC)

Once I quit Illustrator, the system returns to normal. If Photoshop is open, photoshop will return to normal performance without needing to be restarted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure it is just Nvidia, although I appreciate their investigation. I have a plain old vanilla Gateway I5, Win7, 64 with a vanilla Intel (R) HD graphics card. Illustrator CC 2017 is horrible laggy and slow. Basically unusable after a few minutes of work.

I have GPU acceleration turned off because my card is not compatible with it.

If I close Illustrator and start again, it may work normally for a little while--not always however. Often it is just as slow and laggy when it first loads a file as after a few minutes work.

If it's laggy, Windows Task Manager>Processes, it shows ten copies of CEPHtmlEngine.exe running. As I work, it keeps adding copies. When I close down Illustrator, they go away.

Illustrator crashes hangs up and stops working when  I give the exit command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, each time I launch Illustrator, 15 instances of CEPHtmlEngine.exe will appear immediately. They don't continue to increase. CPU usage is 0% and ram use for each is always 5-50mb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 2/2/2017  Installed an update for "sability" today and have had a great improvement for some functions. Nudging still very slow. (Nudge and wait 10 seconds.) But moving things around, typing and other things seem at normal speed. Today anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find a 2/2/17 update, nothings changed here. Problem same as always. Did you just didn't update in a longer time period?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I updated my system yesterday with the latest update offered by Creative Cloud. It was probably available for longer than that, but I don't know how long. I rarely update right away. My app is listed as Illustrator CC 2017 now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here and it escalates that Illustrator crashes frequently. Some times it just freezes and you cant to anything but to "end task" in Task Manager.

System Information:

NVidia GTX 970

Windows 10

16GB Ram

(GPU accelerator is off)

Hope they find a fix for this, as a SMOOTH and PAIN FREE experience on all Adobe products is like a fantasy at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I am 6 hours into having the slowdown fixed. I previously could not run for more than an hour without severe system wide slowdown.

Solution: I removed my GPU (quadroM2000) and I'm running on integrated graphics.

This is a brand new workstation.....

With nVidia's recommended card......

i7-6700

32gb

Wacom intuos 5

Quadro M2000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also suggest installing their latest update. I did that yesterday, and have just put in 8 solid hours on Illustrator without lags or slowdowns for the first time in literally months and two different versions. Something got fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

Can you please reach out to me via DM or share the details here on this thread. I want to document how you are replicating the problem with the Quadro M2000. 

Btw, Are you using Windows 10?  What NVIDIA Display Driver version is installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that you have a Wacom Intuos too.

I have an older version Intuos 3 and I noticed problems that may be connected to it as well. I am also having the NVIDIA problem. I even changed the motherboard from a Gigabyte to an Asus, and the problem is the same. I tried a GTX 970, GTX 1060 and a Radeon 480, the problem was there too!

I was wondering if you could try this:

In illustrator if I try to scale, rotate, mirror trying to position the anchor point using the 'alt' key, it freezes for 4-10 seconds until it opens the menu for it and the anchor didn't stay where I clicked. It happens with an elements that has probably over 50-100 vector points. It gets worst also after 4-5 hours of work.

Have you tried this? Anyone else too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'day,

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue using the ALT key for rotate, but generally only when using my intuos pen....using the mouse seems fine.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the lag when using rotate or reflect (when I use the alt-key to change the center of rotation or reflection).   It's not just that it's slow, sometimes it takes a good 30 seconds and then when it kicks in, it sets the point of rotation wherever the pen/cursor happens to be at that point, so it's never right. The problem happens immediately after starting AI.  I found a simple solution that worked for me ... in Illustrator, just hit Ctrl+E once and see if that fixes the problem.  If not (or if it causes other problems/slowdowns), just change it back by hitting Ctrl+E again.

I have an HP Envy laptop with an NVidia card, 16GB ram, a wacom tablet, windows 8.1 pro-64 bit, and Adobe CC with Illustrator fully updated.  My drivers are also fully updated.  I even reinstalled/updated windows, so the system is clean with no conflicting software.  I tried changing the power management for Illustrator in the nvidia control panel 3D settings for Illustrator.  I tried it using every option in the dropdown menu for the Power Management Mode, but none of them fixed the problem.  I did, however, find 4 different solutions that solved this specific problem for me.

1. Use the trackpad when using reflect/mirror and rotate.  This worked, but it is too inconvenient going back and forth between the pen and the trackpad, plus it's difficult to get the same accuracy when selecting a point.

2.  Uncheck GPU performance in the Illustrator preferences.  This fixed the problem immediately, but this also disabled the animated zoom feature, and I find that feature to be really useful.

3. In the nVidia control panel, click Manage 3D settings, and in the Program Settings Tab, select Adobe Illustrator  for #1 and select Integrated Graphics for #2, then hit Apply.  Restart Illustrator.  Now, in the Illustrator preferences, it says that the drivers for one of my graphics cards is not up to date (even though I am using the latest available drivers for both the nVidia & my integrated graphics), but it seems to work just fine.  The lag problem is fixed and I have the animated zoom.  

4. In Illustrator, under the View menu, click GPU preview (or just use the shortcut Ctrl+E).  I no longer have the lag when using rotate or reflect and I am still able to use the animated zoom.  I assume that this essentially did the same thing that #3 did, but I set it from Illustrator instead of the nVidia control panel.  I don't know what other effects this has on my performance in Illustrator, but for my use, I don't notice any other problems and I don't have to give up the animated zoom.

Solution # 4 is by far the quickest fix - seriously, all you have to do is hit Ctrl+E in Illustrator.  Then try rotate and see if it works properly.  If it doesn't, then change it back to how it was by hitting Ctrl+E again and try the other solutions.  Of the other solutions, I would suggest #3 unless you notice that it somehow degrades the performance of Illustrator in some other way - again, the reason I prefer this is because I can still use animated zoom.  If #3 causes other problems, switch back to using the nVidia and just disable the GPU performance in the Illustrator settings (#2) - you will lose animated zoom, but you may not even care about that.  I like it, and I figured there must be some setting that fixes the problem, so I set out to find out it.  This may not be the actual fix, but it is a workaround that allows me to use the features that I like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines