• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator freezing while creating a new file.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone 🙂

Illustrator is freezing when i am trying to create a new file. I cant create a new document also i cant close the new document screen.  And also i cant click any recent item. I resetted the preferences many times but it didnt solve my problem. 

Thanks.

Ekran görüntüsü 2024-07-16 104137.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the exact version of Illustrator and Windows that you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Serka Reklam,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind trying to update Illustrator/Windows to the latest version and checking if it helps? Also, try resetting Illustrator's preferences as described in this article (https://adobe.ly/3y2KFc7) and sharing your observations.

Disclaimer: Please note that renaming preferences folders will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also save a backup of the folders, the location of which is mentioned above.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Anubhav M 

It is looking updated and also i resetted the preferences many times but nothing changed. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Serka Reklam,

Sorry to hear that the suggestions did not help. Would you mind trying to run Illustrator under Safe Mode (Windows / macOS) and checking if it helps? Also, try running Illustrator under a different administrator account (Windows / macOS) and share your observations.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version is 28.5 sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Serka Reklam Please refer to the comment from Monika Gause and  @Srishti Bali with regards to the opening screen, which sounds like a huge issue for PC users: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/illustrator-landing-page-problem/m-p/14739612... 

Scroll down to read both comments from Monika Gause and  @Srishti Bali (Srishti may have the work-around). @Anubhav M 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @creative explorer 

I hope you're doing well. It seems that the issue mentioned in the thread you shared is different from the one @Serka Reklam is facing. I recommend trying the suggestions provided by Anubhav and then letting us know your observations. We're here to help!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Serka Reklam,

I hope the issue is resolved. If not, would you mind confirming if you have tried the steps suggested by Anubhav above? If not, you may want to try turning off GPU performance from Illustrator preferences or turning off the internet to see if you're able to create a new file. There was a similar issue a couple of years back, and this workaround helped some users.

Please let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines