• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Graph tool problem

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make a graph using the graph tool. I have been doing the same thing for several months for a regular report and it has always worked without any dramas. But now, when I try to enter the Max Value (in this case 4,500,000 with 9 divisions) - the max value defaults to 2147843 with 5 divisions. I tried to update my existing graph and this happened. I tried closing and reopening illustrator and the same thing happens. I created a new file and recreated the graph from scratch and the same thing happens. It appears that no matter what I do, I can no longer set the Max value for the graph. 

Can anyone help? 

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

As far as setting the number of divisions, select the graph you created. Choose Object > Graph > Type. In the drop down menu choose Value Axis, tick Overide Calculated Values and enter the number of divisions desired.

As far as 4,500,000, you've run into a limitation in Illustrator and would need to edit the text and enter values manually.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also - Illustrator keeps "Not responding" and quitting. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as setting the number of divisions, select the graph you created. Choose Object > Graph > Type. In the drop down menu choose Value Axis, tick Overide Calculated Values and enter the number of divisions desired.

As far as 4,500,000, you've run into a limitation in Illustrator and would need to edit the text and enter values manually.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines