Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator loading issue - script error on launch

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am having a problem with Illustrator loading, it takes well over 10 mins and has this script error. It just sits on the load screen. I have to keep force quiting to get it to eventually load, otherwise it just sits on the screen. 

I have tried several time unitstalling and installing - both with keeping and removing preferences. I have also tried delting preferences on Illustrator startup (holding Ctrl+shift+Alt)

I have not loaded any new fonts and cannot understand this error. It is really slowing down workflow. Has anyone else encountered this?

I cannt seem to find anywhere on the Adobe site how to contact them directly it just keeps reffering me to FAQ and the forum. 

Any help is gladly appreciated.

jamesr60803729_0-1681900875259.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

So I have since found a solution, so sharing fro anyone else. that seems to work at the moment from this thread: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/script-error/m-p/12718974

I first deleted the the InDesign jsx but then Illustrator would not open and it was linking to the Photoshop jsx. So deleted the Statup scripts folder (actually moved to documents) and all software seems to open ok. 

I found deleting the Startup Scripts 

jamesr60803729_0-1681902078814.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try resetting their Illustrator preferences by holding down the Command + Option + Shift keys while launching the program

Barcode Label Maker by : https://www.barcodelabelmaker.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this I have already tried this option, sadly did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ooh! okay

Barcode Label Maker by : https://www.barcodelabelmaker.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have since found a solution, so sharing fro anyone else. that seems to work at the moment from this thread: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/script-error/m-p/12718974

I first deleted the the InDesign jsx but then Illustrator would not open and it was linking to the Photoshop jsx. So deleted the Statup scripts folder (actually moved to documents) and all software seems to open ok. 

I found deleting the Startup Scripts 

jamesr60803729_0-1681902078814.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah had the same hang up. I ended up reinstalling an older version because I was told "I don't have to update everytime" Then I wonder what's the point of updating and when would be the proper time to update?

I can't understand why they keep futzing around with the app every other week (or so it seems). 

In fact I had closed the app last night before leaving work and had it hang up launching again this morning.

I'm back using version 26.0 just so I can work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines