• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Mac 2024 freezes on launch, won't start

Engaged ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was running fine, then randomly stopped launching. When I try, it gets to the point of checking and initializing, then freezes. Always a different item that it's initializing when it freezes. What I have tried:

• Uninstalled from CC desktop and from Finder, reinstalled over and over and over.
  • Used the Cleanup tool to remove Illustrator and CC desktop
  • Deleted font cache using Terminal
  • No 3rd party plugins or anything else to remove, no scripts to launch
  • Removed Illustrator caches
  • Removed beta version
  • Rebooted several times

System info:

• M2 with 16 gb
  • Sonoma 14.4.1
  • System Monitor shows 9 gb free before trying to launch
  • Monitor shows 12 gb used when launch attempt is in progress
  • 95 gb disk available, trash is empty, iCloud is nearly full
  • Other CC apps are installed but not running

Searching here shows this has been an issue for years. Any suggestions before I give up and start using something else?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Hello everyone,

We have received several reports of apps crashing or becoming unresponsive after launch, particularly following the release of version 28.6. Unlike generic crashes, this issue specifically causes all Adobe apps to get stuck at the splash screen or enter a “not responding” state, preventing them from launching. The problem has been traced to certain Beta Adobe applications related to video composition and editing. We recommend updating all Beta and released versions of video-specif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 385 Replies 385
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Alu_3,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind confirming if you have any beta Adobe apps installed on your computer? If yes, kindly try the following steps, as Monika suggested, to check if they help:

- Close all Adobe applications
- Uninstall any installed Beta apps from Creative Cloud (https://adobe.ly/3SEjyes)
- Relaunch Illustrator

If the problem persists, try removing Illustrator using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (https://adobe.ly/4fC5FY8) and then reinstalling and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. I didn't install the beta app. I did remove and reinstalled illustrator. And didn not work. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Alu_3,

Thanks for sharing the details. Would you mind checking if there are any other Adobe beta apps installed? If so, try removing them to see if it helps. If not, try the suggestions shared in this help article (https://adobe.ly/4djp3Yc) and see if they help. 

If the problem persists, kindly share more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, system config (CPU/GPU/Memory), and screenshots / a screen recording of the problem (https://adobe.ly/3YFjqPz), so we can investigate this further.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a very frustrating day, uninstalling all Beta apps worked for me. Illustrator started right up after all Betas were uninstalled  THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this problem too. What needs to be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ozgegnr  schrieb:

I'm experiencing this problem too. What needs to be done?

Do you have any Adobe beta apps installed? If so, uninstall them and reboot. Does Illustrator then work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with Illustrator and Photoshop. I have no beta applications open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have them installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No beta app install.can't create new file on illustrator. Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No beta app install.can't create new file on illustrator. Windows 10

By @hridoybabu

If Illustrator is launching, then you have a different problem. Please create a new thread in order to not mess this one up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2024 Jul 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried opening Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc... but I can't open any of them. I tried everything, shutdown, reboot, reinstall but nothing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DigitalSmile I had the same issue early in the morning. I had noticed I was logged into the wrong account of adobe.com (I have two accounts, one for personal and one for work). Make sure you are logged into adobe.com correctly, and it should be okay. Sometimes, on my end, I get logged off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried signing out of the Creative Cloud Desktop app, rebooting the computer and then signing back in? In some instances the CC Desktop app might need to be reset.

If the installations of individual Adobe apps are damaged or corrupted they might need to be removed using the CC Cleaner tool before being reinstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Michael604,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly try the following steps and check if they help:

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly, something happened and then I can't open any of my applications including illustrator, photoshop, inDesign, Aftereffects etc... It closes without opening and when I somehow managed to get into the app I couldn't touch anything. It says Not Responding and the whol screen turns to white. I want this problem to be solved right away!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already reboot the computer?

Then try resetting the preferences

If that still does not help, try what is explained in here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/blank-black-opening-screen/m-p/13460732

If nothing else helps, uninstall, run the Adobe Cleaner tool and reinstall.  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 

Starting with resetting the preferences, this is all rather destructive. Make sure to export your settings. Edit > My Settings > Export. So you have your brushes and swatches and stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Yusuf Esad,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. I hope Monika's suggestions helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly confirm if you have any beta Adobe apps installed on your computer. If yes, kindly try the following steps to check if they help:

- Uninstall any installed Beta apps from Creative Cloud (https://adobe.ly/3YxYjP8)
- Relaunch Illustrator

If the problem persists, try removing Illustrator using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (https://adobe.ly/3YyEzeb) and then reinstalling and share your observations.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Anubhav,
Thanks for your response and attention to my problem. I solved the problem
by deleting one of the Beta version of Applications that I just uploaded
like you mentioned.

Have a good day,
Yusuf Esad Kürekci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have removed 28.6 and rebooted and reinstalled 28.6, no change. We have removed 28.6, rebooted, and installed 28.5, no change. I have tried in the user profile and in the administrator profile and no difference. All other Adobe apps are working fine. We have no beta apps installed and this just randomly started yesterday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @kroseler1,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind confirming if you have any beta Adobe apps installed on your computer? If yes, kindly try the following steps to check if they help:

- Uninstall any installed Beta apps from Creative Cloud (https://adobe.ly/3SMsiiH)
- Relaunch Illustrator

If the problem persists, try removing Illustrator using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (https://adobe.ly/3LWWYKv) and then reinstalling and share your observations.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have no beta apps installed currently on this user's machine. I will try the Creative Cloud cleaning tool and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy,

Turns out there was a beta app installed, a sneaky end user... we removed this and she is now good to go. Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE -
Ai and Ai beta -
for MacOS -
SANOMA AND MONTEREY -
HAVE SAME ISSUUE
(FINDER: NOT RESPONDING)
Also happens with InDesign and Photoshop....
PC windows 10 works fine...
Was working yesterday...
Two Differnet operating systems same error...
Please advise..
Work Needs to get done to pay your bills adobe!!!

kai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you uninstall, run the Adobe Cleaner tool and then reinstall?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines