Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Newsletter - July 2022

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Year Ai Newsletter - June_Twitter.png

The Adobe Community Team wishes a pleasant July to all of you. 

2022 Women's FIH Hockey World Cup is here. Share your love for your favorite teams by creating 3D posters and flyers using Illustrator. In this edition of the newsletter, you will find links to tutorials by Paul Trani, live stream updates from Andrew Hochradel, troubleshooting tips, and a feature on one of our most tenured members in the Adobe Community Barbara Ash. 

For previous versions of the newsletter, see the Adobe Illustrator Newsletter Home page.

Adobe Community Professional Spotlight

Barbara joined the Illustrator community in July 2007. She is one of Illustrator’s most prolific contributors to the Illustrator community. Her expertise of Adobe’s products, especially Illustrator, has helped millions of users that visit our community get the answers they were looking for. We're honored to have her as a part of this community.

Barbara in her own words:

barbara_ash.jpgMy artistic talent was recognized early on by my mother when I was two years old (see attached).

Years passed. I progressed to major in Interior Design at San Jose State University.

After a convoluted series of jobs, I landed a position at Hewlett-Packard as a Graphic Designer, where I worked for 14 happy years. In the beginning, I was doing everything by hand. (Does anyone remember pasteboards and wax machines, and how little pieces would sometimes pop off the board, never to be found?)

Eventually, my supervisor ordered a computer for me and I started using Adobe applications. One of my favorites was Illustrator. It took a while to become proficient with the Pen tool, but once I did, I was unstoppable. And it was utterly freeing to have “undos”, an impossibility when working by hand.

When my division at Hewlett-Packard was disbanded I decided to go out on my own, freelancing as a graphic designer and teaching the Adobe applications that I had been using at work. It wasn’t long after that that Adobe initiated the Certified Instructor program. I was accepted into that program with certifications in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Framemaker, and Captivate.

I loved teaching, sharing my knowledge and real world experience, and seeing attendees get excited about the amazing capabilities of Adobe applications. I still use them daily, especially Illustrator and Photoshop.

Adobe has changed my career path and my life in ways I could never have imagined, and all for the better. Thank you Adobe!

To know more about our Adobe Community Professionals, click here.

Behance Live Stream Update

Check out the latest Design Challenge by Andrew Hochradel where you can learn about lighting effects for 3D renders. 

DFOUTS_12192021_BW_ON_WHITE1433 (1).jpg

Andrew Hochradel is a content creator, speaker, and brand strategist with a passion for making creative education entertaining, accessible, and informative. You can follow him on social media or by subscribing AdobeLive.

Social Media: @HochDotCo

Troubleshooting tips

Have you noticed Illustrator running slower than usual, tools are not working, UI is glitchy or the application is behaving unexpectedly? Check out our newly published tutorials to resolve these issues in 2 mins without losing your preferences.

For Windows:

For macOS:

Trending Issues

Note: If the issue doesn't get resolved by following these workarounds, please create a new post on the community and we will help you.

Tutorials

• Learn how to Create a Scatter Brush in Adobe Illustrator with Paul Trani.

SrishtiBali_4-1654711818608.png

Paul Trani is our Principal Worldwide Design Evangelist for Creative Cloud apps. With experience spanning more than 30 years, he has become a wizard when it comes to Illustrator.

Check out his recent Design Master Class Session and subscribe to Adobe live for upcoming sessions. 

https://www.behance.net/paultrani/livestreams

https://twitter.com/paultrani

Helpful links

User guide | FAQ Common troubleshooting steps  System requirements | Tutorials | Known issues

To receive notifications for our newsletters for other Apps, please follow these pages:-
Photoshop |  Lightroom | Lightroom Classic | InDesign 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe