Illustrator pen pressure greyed out with Drawing tablet (Artist 22E Pro)

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried every solution posted in all Adobe forums. I just updated to latest version of Illustrator and still no pressure sensitivity with Artist 22E Pro Drawing tablet. Pressure sensitivity works in Photoshop with drawing tablet no problem.

Please help or I will be forced to use an alternative program to Adobe for the creation of my Art.

It did work briefly a year ago but suddenly dissapeared. All of my hardware and OS is the latest and I am tired of not being able to use Iluustrator like I want to.

In fact I don't use it because of this issue.

I ahve provided screenshots of information requested in previous solution attempts.

HELP Please.

Kind regards

Donna Venables

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try reading the results from the first link in the Related Conversations at the bottom of the page? It might help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is that the usual workaround for this was to install a Wacom driver and Wacom drivers produce issues themselves now.

You can try:

install Illustrator 2020 (this version works with installing Wacom tablets). You have to contact Customer Care to get it. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html (while you are there, aks them if they can help you with the tablet)
If they can't, contact the manufacturer of the product and have them guide you through the correct installation of the driver.

You probably have to set up the system in a specific way, which is what you need the 2020 version for.

After that you should be able to install other Illustrator version and the tablet still works.

When you get it to run, please come back to this thread and tell us what you did. Thank you very much.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines