• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator saving blank PNGs (not saving or exporting anything) while working on a file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi the title is a little odd, but the gist of it is. My Ai keeps saving small blank png files whenever I am working on an open file. I just delete them usually but sometimes it is a couple of thousand PNGs saved out,

How do I stop this happening?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble you are facing. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• The exact version of Illustrator
  • Could you please share a sample Ai document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Are you using any scripts, plugins, or automated actions?
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Also, you may try opening the app in Safe Mode & Hidden Admin Account. Let us know how it goes.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me. I have just reset my preferences and will let you know how it goes.

The version is V.25.4.1

It started happening recently. I had just updated but I am not certain whether it started before that. I don't believe it did though. One thign I do change everytime I update is change the export as shortcut to ctrl-alt-E, I don't know if that will help.

All the best,

Phill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @philliph33177548,

I would like to know if resetting preferences have resolved the issue for you? If not, could you please share a sample Ai document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul,

Sorry for the late reply. It seems to have worked for now. Will let you
know if it changes and send the specific file then as well.

Cheers,

Phill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that, @philliph33177548. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just had the same issue - I saved the files as a .png instead and it worked perfectly fine. Not sure why .jpg saves them as blanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hufsah,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the community. It's great to hear that saving your file as PNG helped resolve the issue for you. However, we understand that this may not be a viable solution for everyone.

In order to better understand the issue and potentially find a fix, it would be extremely helpful if you could share the problematic file with us. Our product team is always looking for ways to improve the performance and stability of our products, and having access to these files may help them get more insight into the issue.

Thank you for your willingness to help us resolve this problem. We appreciate your support and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help my files I saved with jpeg in illustrator keeps showing blank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help my files I saved with jpeg in illustrator keeps showing blank

By @default307188808xfn4i

Please create a new thread on the forum and then tell us step by step what is happening. Also:

Which version, which system?

Exactly where do you save your files?

Exactly how do you do it?

Which app do you use for opening?

What is supposed to be in the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default307188808xfn4i,

I understand that you're experiencing an issue where the files you saved as JPEG in Illustrator appear blank. This can be frustrating. To better understand the problem and provide appropriate assistance, I would need a few more details:

• Could you please share the problematic file with us? This will allow us to examine the file and investigate the issue further.
  • It would also be helpful to know the exact version of Adobe Illustrator and the OS you are using. This information can help us narrow down potential causes and provide more targeted solutions.

Additionally, it would be helpful to know if this issue is occurring with a specific file or if it happens with all files in Illustrator. Also, please confirm where you are saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD).

I look forward to receiving the file and further information so that we can assist you more effectively. Thank you for your understanding, and please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I haven't found a solution yet. What scripts or plugins you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey GeNo, I had the same issue a few times and it could be as stupid as just selecting the whole group/design before exporting it to PNG. If you don't select what you intent to export Illustrator would save a blank png.

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Philllip, I had the same issue a few times and it could be as stupid as just selecting the whole group/design before exporting it to PNG. If you don't select what you intent to export Illustrator would save a blank png.

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines