• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator v26.4.1 freezes with progress / processing bar

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone. This is an issue which has just started today, Monday, August 8th, 2022. I launch Illustrator, but when I do anything that opens a dialog box, I get a progress bar with the word Progress, and below it, Processing...  

Sometimes if I click off of Illustrator and click back on the interface the progress bar goes away, but it comes back a few moments later. I tried restarting Illustrator, restarting the computer (Windows 10), as well as deleting the Illustrator preferences. 

Here is a screenshot of the progress bar and the task manager window. The CPU and Memory usage seems unusually high for an empty document.

I have contacted the IT administrator, but thought I would check with the community too.

Joe Bavitz Pittston progress bar Illustrator freeze.jpg

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Hi All,

I am glad to inform you this issue has been fixed. Please update Illustrator to v26.5 and let us know how it goes.

Please feel free to reach out if the issue persists after updating.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joesph:

I concure with your actions. I went back to the last released version of Illustrator - and everything is working fine, finally. Definitely some problems with the Illustrator 26.4.1 release that I'm not going to waste my time trying to resolve - I'm sure the Adobe folks will figure the situation out at some point. Until then, I'll just keep clear of that upgrade.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the previous release does seem to be the easiest way to get back up and running. I am not sure how long it will be until Adobe gets this corrected, though. I am definitely backing up my actions and keyboard shortcuts to a safe spot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently had a bug concerning colors. When I try to change the value of a color (RGB), the software crash... And if I insert the value 255 for the red for example, the value that Illustrator show is : 254,9999999999... And then it crashes.

Do you had this problem before? If someone can help me it would be kind.

Thanks for reading this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add something new : When I go on : Files/colors. The bug appears again...

I always have the message : "Progressing..." and it never ends... So weird...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @test25577283mr0u,

We are sorry for the trouble. Many users have reported this.

Deleting the .runConfig & .runConfigRobin files from the following location should improve or fix the issue entirely.

Windows:

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings\en_US\x64

On Windows, "AppData" is a hidden folder.
Steps to see hidden files & folders on windows are here (https://www.ionos.com/digitalguide/server/configuration/windows-show-hidden-folders-and-files/).

macOS:

/Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings/en_US

On Mac, user library and .runConfig files are hidden. Press "cmd + shift + ." (period/ dot) keys together to see the hidden files & folders.

If this doesn't help, you may roll back and install the older v26.3.1, and I would request you to upvote this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45531835-progre....) and add your comment there.

Let us know how it goes after deleting the files. We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this issue fixed in version 26.5, I have it available, but I haven't installed it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

I am glad to inform you this issue has been fixed. Please update Illustrator to v26.5 and let us know how it goes.

Please feel free to reach out if the issue persists after updating.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines