• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Trace Tool Unknown Error: the operation cannot complete because of unknown error [PARM]

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer trace.treacing issue.jpg The Black & White option has disappeared. Have tried others but this happens (see attached). Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, attaching screenshot.

I did an online chat with an Adobe rep. They had me Rasterize the image first then Image Trace worked. But I've never had to do that before. But it at least worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I noticed in the Image Trace dropdown, the "Black and White Logo" option has been changed to simply "Logo." I wonder if they're modifying things. My last Adobe update was 3 days ago and I just started having this problem today. I use Adobe CC 8 hours a day and spend 50% time in InDesign, 40% time in Illustrator, and 10% time in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that "Black and White Logo" a preset? I've made so manyof my own presets that I haven't paid atention to the ones that came built in to the program in a long time.

We are on simlar systems. Mine is newer (2013) but we are both stuck on Catalina. Already I can't upgrade beyound a certain point in Photoshop, and I'm wondering if Illustrator is getting to that point as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's one of the drop down presets on the top toolbar. I almost only use Black & White Logo or Silhouettes.

I can't upgrade Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign and I don't see my boss getting me a new computer anytime soon. 😞   I'm having to Rasterize every image before Image Trace. It's an extra step that only takes a few seconds, but it's annoying. At least I'm not completely hobbled without Image Trace at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @randyr6080760 @mwaksm,

Thanks for your time & patience. After investigating this issue, our product team has identified that this error only occurs on macOS Catalina. A workaround for this issue is to either update your operating system to a later version or use images larger than 400x400 pixels.

We understand that this issue is hindering your productivity, and we apologize for any frustration this may have caused. We appreciate your patience while our team works on a solution to this issue, which will probably roll by the end of next month.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to help. Thank you for your understanding.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue in Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2, using latest Adobe Illustrator build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent in the crash report under my email address associated with this account if you wanted to track that down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @davidg50722430,

Thank you for your patience and time. I was able to locate your crash report and sent it to the product team last week. They investigated and couldn't replicate the same behavior. They have requested more info like:

• Original image & test Ai file
  • Screen recording of your whole workflow demonstrating the crash/ errors or share the step-by-step process.

Also, please share your system information as well.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's all ok now. I just have to make sure I go to 'Window' - 'Image Trace' and then I can do it in black and white. Still not showing on tabs across the top though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual, every Adobe update comes with problems and they take monts to address it.
I had the same problem. The only way to resolve it was to install an earlier version (27.2) I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My tracing window goes blank after trying to open advanced tracing methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Illustrator version do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines