• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

in text object, press tab on beginning of each line makes TOO LONG indent.

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I usually hand-input many lines of text of lecture notes in AI. To organize the notes, I need to frequently make 1,2 or 3 indents on different lines to make them organized in a hierarchy manner. What I do is to locate the cursor to beginning of one line and press tab button for 1,2,or 3 times. It looks roughly OK, but the each tab make a huge indent by default. Is there a setting to make the DEFAULT indent to be shorter? I know that tab setting panel(Ctrl-Shift-T) can elaborate on multiple tab position, but this only works on current paragraph and if I start a new lecture note, press one tab still indent so much space. As I need to use this simple indent to input lecture notes by hand frequently, so I cannot make setting every time.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question is changed as follow:

Hello,
I usually hand-input many lines of text of lecture notes in AI.

To organize the notes, I need to frequently make 1,2 or 3 indents on different lines to make them organized in a hierarchy manner.

What I do is to locate the cursor to beginning of one line and press tab button for 1,2,or 3 times.

It looks roughly OK, but sometimes I thought that the stroke of tab button makes a huge indent.

The I tested and found that tab indent is independent of font size, so if one-stroke of tab button make a nice indent of one line in 12 pt, it will looks too long in a line of 6 pt.

So is there a option to let the one-stroke of tab button makes a indent of length of several characters unddert current font, instead of fixed length?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

无标题.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create two paragraph styles - one for 6pt and one for 12pt and set the tab as desired. That's all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For other fonts do I also need to creat paragraph styles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How many different fonts or font sizes are involved? Maybe it would make sense to create a template file with all the variants and then copy only what you need into the new file?

Please show what exactly we are talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines