• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intertwine more than once in a document

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two initials (uppercase letters) that I can intertwine. I'd like to offer some options (fonts, colours, sizes, etc.) by creating several intertwined pairs of the same initials in the same document, but when I try - either by copying and pasting the existing initials or creating new text items - the intertwine option is greyed out.

Can intertwine only be used once in a document?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Exit Isolation Mode before copying and pasting. You can then select the new objects and intertwine,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have more than one. Check out your copied objects in the Layers panel. What are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can use Intertwine more than once in a document. 

Are the objects that you want to intertwine selected before you go to Object > Intertwine > Make?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used it many times in one document without issue, so your problem is not a limit of one instance. If Intertwine is unavailable, there is something else that disqualifies your selection. Perhaps if you offer more details about exactly what you're doing, someone will spot it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we go:

Two uppercase letters as separate objects intertwined without a problem. Layers shows one layer 'Isolation Mode' with a sub layer 'Intertwine' and two objects in it (the initials T and H), as below:

Beemer_1-1678982752709.png

When I select each object from the intertwined objects and copy and paste each individually, the two objects in the sub layer 'Intertwine' becomes 4 - two Ts and two Hs, as below:

Beemer_0-1678982587089.png

When I select these two new objects and try to intertwine them, the Object>Intertwine> Make/Release/Edit options are greyed out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select each object from the intertwined objects and copy and paste each individually

That's where your sequence gets murky as I try to reproduce it. If you really are copying and pasting each member of the Intertwine group individually...wait...just occurred to me...

You're pasting back into the Intertwine group. Try it again, but first turn off Paste Remembers Layers from the Layers panel menu. That might resolve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John

I'll give tghis a go when I get chance over the weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can Intertwine an Intertwine, you need to paste into a different layer then apply Intertwine...

(I guess I should check it first before I post but it's nearly lunchtime!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have any issues:

Entwine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exit Isolation Mode before copying and pasting. You can then select the new objects and intertwine,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter

It was the isolation mode that was preventing the copy and paste working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines