• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with adding New folder while saving on Illustrator 2020 on macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have faced with an issue after the last update. I can't add a new folder during saving file on my computer. And it happanes only with illustrator. 

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. I would request you if you can share a few more details like:

1. The exact version of Illustrator and the Operating System.
  2. I tried replicating the same at my end and I was able to create a new folder while doing a "save as" on Windows 10 locally and also on a cloud. So could you please confirm where exactly you are trying to save the file locally or on any shared or network drive?
  3. Is this happening with a specific file or with all files?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Rishabh,

Version of Illustrator: 24.0.1
Operation System: macOS Mojave 10.14.6
When you save a file as "save as" you could create a new folder with command CMD+SHIFT+N. I can do it in every Adobe application except Illustrator. Hope you can solve this issue because it is not convenient to work so.

Regards,

Maksim Arbuzov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing additional information Maksim, could you please try resetting the preferences for the Illustrator by following the steps below:

1. Close Illustrator.
  2. Click on the Finder icon on the dock, choose Go on the top> Go To Folder.
  3. In the Go To Folder dialog box, type "~/Library". Click Go.
  4. Open the Preferences Folder > rename the Illustrator  24 Settings folder to Illustrator  24 Settings folder.old
  5. Under Preferences, Open Adobe folder and rename Adobe Illustrator folder to Adobe Illustrator.old
  6. Go back to library->open caches->rename  com.adobe.illustrator to com.adobe.illustrator.old
  7. Go back to library->open application support-> open adobe->rename the Illustrator  24 folder to Illustrator  24 folder.old

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.  

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Rishabh,

I have made everything step by step. But unfortunately, it doesn't work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Rishabh,

No, It doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying! Could you please confirm if its the shortcut which is not working? Are you able to create a new folder directly without using the shortcut in Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I can crete a new folder without shortcut, But with shortcut still can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming. Could you please try closing all other programs running in the background and then try to use the shortcut to create a new folder, to ensure none of the background applications are conflicting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same issue! I have tried all the above steps - it is very clearly an Illustrator issue, not a third party application. Please help, I love my shortcuts and this really grinds my gears when I'm working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue. Just started today when I did my AI update. SO ANNOYING!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do add the shortcut back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue and it's incredibly annoying when I've been using it for 11+ years in my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I said to my co-worker - I can't make a new folder in Illus. She said i still can. Then I rememebered she doesn't use ANY keyboard short-cuts, just pull down menues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the trouble. For the time being, you can create a new folder from the menu options and for the shortcut issue, a bug has already been logged, please refer to the UserVoice link shared below.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The same problem is also occuring in Premiere and Adobe Media Encoder. And it is driving me NUTS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. I'd request posting your concern on Adobe Premiere Pro board within the Adobe community. Adobe experts there will be able to review your post & help you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. This is a known issue and we are able to reproduce this on our end. It has already been notified to the Product team and we are working on it. For more information, you can refer to this link: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39141109-cmd-shift-n-do...

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One Update more. Notting!!! 3 years on this issue.Would the Open Sourcing be the solution?

Maybe you even got fired and no one has been reading this message for 3 years...
(I believe it is a real person, I'm a graphic designer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All past Mac OS, Ventura Mac OS
MACbook M1
MACbook I5
MACmini I5
new 24” iMac M1

doesn't work on any of them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same problem inside of After Effects version 17.5.0 (build 40) with MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

When choosing the save path for a render, the Command+Shift+N to create a new folder is not working.

Thank you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should ask about that in the After Effects forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines