• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with transform panel

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Illustrator version 27.7 and I'm having issues with the transform panel. I have set the top left corner of the document to zero on both axis and I have made sure that the top left corner in the transform panel is selected so I can align items to dead zero but whenever I enter values into the X and Y axis it seems that Illustrator just picks a figure for me? Doesn't matter if it's linked or unlinked. It is incredibly annoying and I can seem to see that I have any settings wrong on this? Is anyone else having the same issue or had it and found a fix? Any help would be most appreciated!

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 11.56.31.png

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Removing and reinstalling the app seems to have resolved the issue, thanks for your assistance on this

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us step by step what you are doing exactly - so which number do you enter and what does Illustrator do?

Also: did you reboot the computer? Reset the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just simply trying to place items on the artboard in specific places, nothing more than that. I'm just looking to use the transform panel to place things where I need them but every time I enter specific numbers it seems to change them, with no uniformity to it whatsoever. Doesn't matter whether it's putting a direct number in each panel or nudging the numbers with the arrow keys. The computer has been rebooted a few times and to be honest, it has always been like that so I doubt its a preference issue, apart from changing the theme colour, everything else is the same as standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have snap to grid turned on?

Snap to pixels?

Use Preview bounds?

Scale strokes & effects?

And honestly: without a proper problem description, solving this will be stabbing in the dark. And if you just rule out certain things that are necessary for troubleshooting, then good luck with that.

Preferences reset can be made in a way that can be undone. Close the app and rename the preferences folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No none of the above. I'm not sure what I can add to give you any more of a descriptive understanding of the issue really. I am just trying to place items on  the artboard to specific points using the transform panel to place the accurately but when I change the values in the X and Y entry fields, Illustrator seems to pick a very different number for me. In the image above I was trying to set the shape to x=0 y=0 but you can see it changed the value for me once I hit enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you enter 0/0 in the transform panel?

And Illustrator replaces one of those zeros by 500 and whatnot?

What does the object look like?

How are the rulers set up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct. The object is a simple rectangle with a black fill. I'm working out some measurements with shapes for a layout and I need to stack them, hence the need for X and Y. Ruilers are setup standard and like I say x and y zero is set to the top left corner of the document.

I think I might just uninstall the app, reset preferences etc just incase this is a bug im getting and not specific to anyone else.

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 15.20.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have artboard rulers, not global rulers?

For me this looks like a preferences issue. They *can* get corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Removing and reinstalling the app seems to have resolved the issue, thanks for your assistance on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines