Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 336 Replies 336
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is here and there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a pic I clicked few days ago in Kashmir, India.IMG_20170122_171818.jpg

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that is real winter, Ohm.

Am I right in believing that we are looking at falconry?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High table all laid,

Brunch ready under pale sun,

First guests arriving;

Another one day winter,

In this drawn out autumn spring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I went out upon the stair,

I saw the white that wasn't there,

It wasn't there again today,

Oh how I wish it'd land and stay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At last a good day, after two weeks with bare frost. Maybe too little, too late, to stay, given the present thawcast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it came after a week of hints and promises, and resulted in two full days off work.

20180302_152435.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as something far beyond what we have seen in years here, Doug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's warm, wet, and windy, but it's white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it is the very first film, Peter.

Two days in a row with a good show here, quite unexpected, maybe gone tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a suitable day for the last ghost show this winter, starting shortly after midnight, everything still white at dawn, this at noon. Guess which way is north.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Summer time over (next time hopefully forever).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALMOST at the right temperature, possibly before dawn tomorrow, but no hard evidence as yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, no photos, but my first venture to the harbor in two weeks (flu), with wife and dog. And parkas. Visibility maaaaaybe .25 mile, wind at least 20 mph. All the little whitenesses rushing horizontally through the harbor lights. A different kind of spectacular from the aurora a few weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have only had dustings of snow so far this season, so here is a photo of skunk cabbage just starting to bloom that I took last weekend while hiking. There were only a few, as it is still early. Skunk cabbage generates heat and can be 30°F warmer than the soil, so it can push its way right up through the snow. It is the first sign of Spring.

91DDA371-720A-4159-AFD8-0DD7C6E46EBE.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dustings are quite enough, Jane, like the ones yet to be melted by the newcomer.

Over here we also have worrying signs of spring, but there is still hope, maybe even for (für) Düsseldorfer (albeit unwanted by refugees from the East Coast).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are whisperings that this may be the weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an artic chill taking place in the Illustrator forum!

I love you guys.  There is no snow in Duesseldorf!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way you can keep the snow... I do not want it.

After living in NYC for several years, the thought of walking through grey slush disturbs me.  Even here the middle of the Neanderthal in Germany, I do not like walking in snow!!!!  Yup... I live where they discovered the Neanderthal men and the area is called that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no fan of slush either, but in Alaska it seems that a certain amount of winteroid precipitation is only to be expected, so why not enjoy it? At least, until it doesn't happen anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this brings us to Saturday afternoon, although there was actually more during the night:

IMG_2551.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At rather long last, and little.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple? I haven't seen such a thing in almost forty years, so my identification skills are mush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the one with the very low branches at the rightmost golden cut; the next one to the right is pear, as is the second from the very left.

All the rest in view within the garden are cherries; the one in the foreground at the leftmost cut and most of the others are self sown wild cherries; the thick one to the left is a cultivated one with large cherries, very dark and sweet, and the upright one partially behind the leftmost pear tree (almost blending into the hazel row behind it which hides the wild cherry row behind it) is its much taller daughter with almost black winelike cherries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines