Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep Artboard Names Visible

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I was just wondering if there is a setting that keeps the artboard names visible? Seems rather silly/redundant but I can't figure it out.

(I realize they are there in document setup + artboard panel, I am asking if the name can 'stick' to the board in all views)

Thanks for your help! 🙂 

Ayla

TOPICS
Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Hi, Ayla,

I don't believe that there is any provision for that. You might post a feature request at https://illustrator.uservoice.com/ 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Hi. By the way, (is not exactly what you need, but...) a fast way to show/hide the Artboards name is using the shortcut for the Artboard tool: Shift + O. After checking the names you can use the shortcut of the tool that you want to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

I know this is an old post, but for anyone who may need to do this in the future.

At the bottom of the Illustrator Application window to the left of the scroll bar there is a menu.

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 11.16.54 AM.png

Click on the arrow to the right of the current menu display and choose Show > Artboard Name

This menu will now dispay the name of the current artboard you are on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ayla,

I don't believe that there is any provision for that. You might post a feature request at https://illustrator.uservoice.com/ 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, will do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. By the way, (is not exactly what you need, but...) a fast way to show/hide the Artboards name is using the shortcut for the Artboard tool: Shift + O. After checking the names you can use the shortcut of the tool that you want to use.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Marlon, that's a good tip; it's just time consuming (with heavier files) to keep switching back and forth and waiting for it to load.. yet, definitely a good shortcut to keep in mind 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old post, but for anyone who may need to do this in the future.

At the bottom of the Illustrator Application window to the left of the scroll bar there is a menu.

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 11.16.54 AM.png

Click on the arrow to the right of the current menu display and choose Show > Artboard Name

This menu will now dispay the name of the current artboard you are on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @thepixelsmith - this just made my work day way better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helps, thanks! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool tip. Thanks @thepixelsmith 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines